𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 {mature}

*holding clipboard and whistle* okay softies, you know know the drill. let's move out ❤️

─────── • ❥ • ───────

The night drew onwards ceaselessly until two of the partygoers of the Sapphire Dome decided it was time to head home. Both Renjun and Jaemin exited the neon setting and wandered a little uncoordinatedly past the car as both knew they couldn't drive like this. The dancing had their legs worn out and the alcohol caused them to feel warm and lightweight.

The shimmering stars above looked as though they could've been painted onto the navy-black canvas and with such a clear night, it almost looked like a galaxy. Renjun initially had his arms wound around the other's bicep, but he untangled himself when he saw a pedestrian-free street and giggled childishly before jogging off ahead.

Street lights ghosted their yellow-tinged hues over the Chinese boy as he sang something in his mother tongue and slowly spun and walked as he did so. Jaemin wasn't worried in the least as he watched fondly, simply trying to keep up with his hands in his trouser pockets and his fluffy brown hair in his eyes. Something about the air tonight was just right, even after endless battles in the nightclub. He didn't want to leave it there...he didn't want it all to end as selfish as that probably sounded out loud.

So as he wandered on over to the male who was hanging out of one of the lamps' pole, he placed a careful hand on his shoulder which consequently halted the Chinese singing he'd been listening to.

"What's that song about?" He enquired, taking Renjun's hand and leading him in a more exact direction this time.

"It's a mother's song to their child. Mine sang it to me all the time as a kid, even when Dad had been there at the beginning. We learned it as a class when I was like...five?"

"It's pretty."

"You think?" The blonde-ravenette chuckled before clinging to the younger's arm again and allowing himself to be led around. "She sings it better than me. I've forgotten some of the lyrics..."

The tapping of their shoes against the pavement was loud in comparison to the silence enveloping the city at this hour. Both hadn't realised they were staring at their synchronised feet before they subtly glanced at each other and smiled.

"Renjunnie..." Jaemin murmured while taking his arm out of the smaller's hold and instead wrapping it around his waist protectively, "Would you like to stay somewhere else tonight? We can go home if you'd prefer, of course."

"Oh, like a hotel? Sure, I was getting a bit sad there that the night was already over. I didn't even get too drunk this time," he chuckled a little awkwardly. "I hope I never wind up like that again."