kissing in the rain

"So? Have you had fun today?" Aubrey asked as she put her arm around you to pull you close as you walked together.

You're on your way home now, but you've been out since early this morning, just walking through the city and enjoying some quality time together.

It's been quite some time since you e had the chance to do that and it felt so good to just be with each other.

To share kisses and hold hands as you ate and enjoyed the fresh air, talking about anything and everything.

"You know I did." You smiled and kissed her cheek, causing her smile to grow.

"Me too." She said, kissing your head.

When you left this morning to go out, it was bright and sunny. The golden rays had made the already warm day even warmer and it brightened your already cheerful mood.

But now, it's not so bright.

The sun had disappeared, the sky full of dark grey clouds.

There was a slight breeze and it was a little cooler than it was earlier, so Aubrey had given you the hoodie she tied around her waist when she got hot earlier.

You were close to home now, about two blocks away. Aubrey was feeling grateful for that because it looked like there was a storm coming. She thought you'd beat it and arrive home before it would hit.

But she seemed to have jinxed it because just as you reached your block the rain suddenly started to pour down from out of nowhere.

You gasped and Aubrey stared up at the dark sky, raindrops falling across her forehead and cheeks as she did so.

"It looks bad. The house isn't too far from here. Let's hurry home!" She said and walked a little faster with you, wanting to get inside so you could both dry off and warm up.

But as soon as you stood in front of the house, you stopped walking.

Aubrey turned to stare at you in confusion, wondering why you'd want to stop now that you were feet away from your warm blankets and dry clothes.

"What are you doing?" She asked. "C'mon. I don't want you to get cold or sick. Let's go in."

"In a minute." You spoke softly and took her hands into yours, pulling her to stand right in front of you. "There's something I want to do first."

"What's that, sweet girl?" She asked as she cupped your cheek, her shiny eyes locked with yours.

"This," you said before pushing your lips onto hers, pulling her in for a sweet and romantic kiss.

It's far from being your first kiss, considering how long you've been together.

But it is your first kiss in the rain and it was even more romantic than you ever imagined it'd be.

She put her other hand on your cheek as she melted into the kiss and the romantic atmosphere.

Despite getting soaking wet, the rain soaking your clothes and shoes, it was perfect.

You slowly pulled away from her lips and when you did, she dropped her forehead onto yours and smiled adoringly at you.

"I love you." She smiled. "You're just so sweet."

You giggled and kissed her lips a few more times before pulling away.

"We should go inside. You're cold." She said and pecked your lips a couple of times before leading you inside, big and bright smiles still on your faces.