𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

In case you missed it, there was an update before this <3

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Raindrops cascaded down Renjun's cheeks like tears, but they weren't. Not even close. His chest was pounding and his pulse was loud in his ears, but he was so alive right now. His suitcase was worse for wear, he himself probably looked like a homeless boy and his sneakers were starting to leave puddles when he walked. Nevertheless, he pressed the doorbell twice with conviction and held his breath in anticipation.

What if he had the wrong house? What if they wouldn't even spare him a conversation? What if he was being presumptuous, expecting them to listen? Did they still love and think about him the way he did about them? Every single day?

His nerves were silenced when heavy footsteps trudged from within towards the door. The glass panel along the right showed a dark figure with a tracksuit on looming just a couple of feet away, and Renjun would've known those footsteps from anywhere. That posture, that head scratch as the door opened.

It stopped without a noise, even though this house could've been ten years old. The smell of musty books pervaded the air around them — the smell of an old building without inhabitants. And there, standing like a lost soul on a canvas not meant for him, was Lee Jeno. He was a stunning model surrounded by a dingy hallway in need of some paint, even with his navy t-shirt and Adidas sweats. The faint outline of his abs through the thin material nearly made Renjun choke, and he hadn't realised how much he physically missed them as well, until now.

"Well if it isn't our old neighbour," the tall man smirked with a sense of excitement Renjun was sure he didn't mean to show. It was clear he wasn't upset to see him, at least. "Darling, I think you have the wrong room."

"I don't. Definitely not," the blonde-ravenette swallowed thickly and laced his fingers over his stomach to prevent fiddling. He'd nearly broken his suitcase handle from gripping it so hard earlier. "If you lot are in there, then I have the right place."

Jeno glanced wearily at the suitcase behind him and nodded briefly to himself like he was piecing a few things together. "How'd you find us?"

"Ah...this, um, gentle breeze?"

"Did this gentle breeze happen to mention how distressed we've been the past couple of months?"

"I-It did, in fact. And I'm not going to pretend it's not my fault. It is, almost one hundred percent. Maybe, like, seventy percent."

"Make it eighty-five."

"No way," Renjun chuckled softly and subconsciously nudged Jeno's shoulder with his fist. "Seventy. You weren't listening to me...but I wasn't talking to you either. We messed up, but I did more damage."