35| 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝑰𝒕 𝑶𝒏 𝑴𝒆

3rd Person POV
Triora, Italy

The location of the last witch trials of Italy, known as 'The Salem of Europe' and Kaitlyn was here. The place she had caught a glimpse of her lover in. She wondered why he was after witches, let alone some of the most ancient ones.

On the third hour of looking around all the old buildings in the crooks and crevices of the town, she finally found a trail of blood leading her to a half-broken building at the end of the town border, overlooking France. France. Paris. Her thoughts trail off to their engagement in Paris before she gets snapped out of her thoughts by the loud yells echoing from inside.

As she walks into the establishment, her hearts begins to pound loudly against her ribcage, threatening to burst out. She was going to see him. This time it wasn't a vision. He was real and so was she. Being face to face with each other for the first time in two years.

"Live wasn't kind to you," she hears Klaus' villain-voice echo through the halls, "I was kind enough to grant you the peace that death might have to offer you."

As soon as she catches a glimpse of his, leaning against a pillar, talking to a dead body, she speeds towards him and holds him against a wall with her hand wrapped around his neck.

"Why don't you pick someone your own size for once?" she smirks at him as he stares at her in shock for a second before quickly recovering from it.

"Hello, love,"  he greets back as Kaitlyn releases him, "to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Might be pleasure for you," Kaitlyn scoffs, "it's an obligation for me."

"Oh really? So you're not here for yourself?" Klaus asks with a raised brow, "here to see me cause you miss me?"

"No," Kaitlyn replies bluntly as Klaus' face falls for a second before he puts up his unaffected face again, "I refuse to miss the guy who promised me 'forever' twice and left with a week on that, twice."

"Well then, what is this obligation?" he questions.

"Hope," she says as Klaus falters again, "you know, our daughter? The one who spent her birthday crying for her father yesterday? The one who's graduating in a few months and all she wants is for her father to be there, or at least call and tell her how proud he is of her? You remember her?" she quizzes, trying to rile him up.

"Of course I remember her!" Klaus snarls, "she's the reason I am here!"

This time, it's Kaitlyn's turn to falter. Of course, she had guessed that his disappearance had something to do with Hope but to hear him confirm it was like all her worst fears were coming true.

She nearly lost Ryan once when Chris passed away, two years ago she nearly lost the twins and now...she could be losing her own daughter. 'How did her life get to this,' she wondered to herself.

"Wh-what did you say?" she asks in a fearful voice as Klaus realizes what he had said.

"Nothing," he dismisses while changing the topic, "how did you find me?"

"It doesn't take a lot to find you when someone knows you. That's why Eli's gotten so close to finding you so many times," she retorts as Klaus smirks at her.

"Yet he's never found me like you did. So, you've studied my old tricks," he responds.

 So, you've studied my old tricks," he responds