Hope after many years

Mikasa pov

For the first time in my life, I knew our end was near. Though it wasn't the first time I had faced death, I had felt like at that moment, it would finally embrace me, and all the people on our island as well.

A confidante of the merciless villain that had been targetting our home constantly, All for One, had started wrecking havoc on our island.

The villain mastermind had made our island a common dwelling place for 8 titans, and had somehow erased our island's existance from the sight of heroes. I grew up believing that there was no such thing as real heroes. I had joined our island's survey corps at the age of fourteen, and had instantly learnt the art of slaying titans.

Along with the other trainees, we had managed to kill all the titans on the island. The presence of our quirks had made it more  effective. Though in reality, by the time I had joined, they had managed to kill five titans in the last few years.

On the day we had successfully slaughtered the final titan, we thought that our struggles were over. But we were wrong.

I never imagined, that someone who wasn't a titan, would make me sense and dread death.

This man happened to possess multiple quirks, like the demon lord himself. His mere presence was enough to send shivers down my spine.

Even when all of the villagers attacked him at once, he didn't even flinch.

One hour after his arrival, it was as though our Island was about to sink right into the sea. As we all boarded ships and boats, his sidekicks ambushed us and attacked us as we were trying to escape.

At that moment, for the first time in my life, I had lost all hope.

That was, until he showed up.

It was as though all the hope the villagers had had that one day they would be noticed and saved; had arrived, in the manifestation of a shining symbol of peace.

All Might was the first true hero I had ever seen in my life.

Little did I know, that in the new life I was about to live, I would be following in his footsteps.