Chapter 1: Trip to Cape Mercy

In Tokyo Japan at the Mouri Detective Agency Kogoro Mouri along with his daughter Ran and Conan Edogawa who's really Teen Detective Shinichi Kudo who was shrunk by the drug APTX 4869 a poison developed by the Black Organization are hanging out as it's a normal day in the office. Then suddenly Eri Kisaki the wife of Kogoro and mother of Ran shows up to tell her husband, daughter,
Conan they have been invited by the police chief of Cape Mercy Jack Rose to come to Cape Mercy in Australia to help him solve the mystery of what happened to his daughter Lauren who had been missing for a month. Kogoro ask "Eri how did get in touch with the police chief?" Eri says "Chief Rose called me and asked me to hire you." Ran takes Conan to get his Japanese passport and has it expedited. Meanwhile at Professor Hiroshi Agasa's lab Conan pays him and Ai Haibara a visit and Haibara in reality is Shiho Miyano a former member of the Black Organization who also took the same drug as Shinichi but unlike Shinchi she took it during a suicide attempt. Conan says "Professor I'm heading to Australia and I need some gadgets as I'm going to be in the island town of Cape Mercy." Agasa calls him by his real name and says "Shinichi-Kun I have made some mini air tanks which will come in handy when you are diving underwater it can carry 10 minutes worth of air which will allow you and anyone else to safely come up to the surface." Then the Professor also modified Conan's watch to work underwater and double as a dive computer, also gave him a instant scuba suit which allows him dive underwater, also increased the number of sleep darts that his watch can carry, as well as a supply of spare sleeping darts in case he runs out of them. Haibara says "Good Luck Shinichi-Kun". A week later they all leave Tokyo to fly to Australia. Conan, Eri, Kogoro, & Ran land at Gold Coast International Airport. They then are taken to a heliport where a helicopter waits to take them Cape Mercy. During the helicopter ride Conan see's a large boat over a patch of water as he thinks to himself saying "That looks a boat used for diving expeditions". Then he sees divers surfacing from the water carrying a injured diver out of the water with Conan in his head saying "What's going on here something bad has happened?!" It was Anna, Izzy, Maddie, & Stevie the girls who are the members of the dive club who have been searching for their missing friend Lauren for a month they rescued Leonid Komarov who was injured by a mysterious diver and recovered the necklace which is part of the Russian Crown Jewels that have been missing. Then later on the helicopter lands as the mayor of Cape Mercy Renee Volkov & police chief Jack Rose greets them. Renee says "Greetings Detective Mouri & Company." Conan tranlates for Korgoro, Ran, & Eri as they don't speak English. Conan asked Renee what was going with Renee replying with saying "My daughter Anna, and her friends were diving this Russian Shipwreck with this famous explorer, author, and diver named Leonid Komarov who was injured as a result I had their dive club shutdown temporarily." Conan thinks and says in his head "So that's what I seen going on I have to meet Anna, the other girls, and Leonid." Later Conan, Eri, Kogoro, & Ran are taken to Renee's house and are given rooms. Conan introduces himself to and asked "Are you ok? Hi my name is Conan." Anna says "Nice to meet you Conan yes me and my friends were scuba diving with Leonid at the site of a Russian ship wreck when Leonid was attacked." Ran talks to Anna with Conan translating to English for her. Then Conan tells Anna that he seen her and her friends carrying Leonid's body onto the boat while he was with Ran, Kogoro, & Eri in a helicopter. Anna says "Conan we can talk about this tomorrow I want you and Ran to meet my friends as they would to hear about this." The next day Anna takes Conan & Ran to meet the other members of the Dive Club Izzie, Maddie, & Stevie. Conan and Ran explained about what they seen and why they were invited to Cape Mercy. Stevie asked "Ran your father is a famous detective from Japan? Ran replied and said "yes so is my boyfriend Shinichi but he's not around if he were he would also help find your missing friend Lauren." Conan says that "It was Ran's mother Eri who got a call from Lauren's father the chief of police about the case."