Once Upon A December

Narrative: Peter Parker, a supposed orphan, has no memories of his past prior to the time he'd been brought to the orphanage. Michelle Jones and Ned Leeds, two scheming individuals that may have had previous ties to the old kingdom of Arachne before its downfall, need someone to pretend to be Arachne's long lost prince and gain the reward. When the three come across paths, they broker an agreement that benefits all. None of them could have ever predicted to find unexpected feelings and an evil sorcerer complicating their plans, nor the fact that the two crooks may have inadvertently found the real Prince after all.

A/N: Anastasia AU... not a musical though. Sorry! But I am doing scene by scene so this story might be quite long. Also mind you, geography does not work the same way in this story please don't question it. Also I may have made some errors as I was simultaneously watching the movie whilst writing this, thus confusing my brain—please point them out kindly so I can amend them.

________________

There was a time, not very long ago, when the people lived in an enchanted world of grand parties and overall happiness. It happened all across the realm that was known as the kingdom of Arachne. It had been ruled by a very prominent and noble family called the Parkers for nearly two hundred years, and King Richard, the current monarch and the fairest one to grace the land, had hosted a ball one glorious December night to celebrate their reign. Everyone in the land had been invited, from the peasants to the penny-pinching rich, even those from afar such as Richard's dearest friends, the Starks. A family of scientists and engineers with a prominent business in the U.S. They were alongside Richard's wanderlust brother and his wife, Ben and Maybelle.

The palace itself glittered in gold and grandeur. Smiles etching onto every guests' face as they were introduced into the ballroom. The golden walls of the room were littered with intricate designs that been highlighted by a row of tapestries and framed paintings. As well as the stained glass windows large enough to showcase for the whole world of the extravagance of the party. There were candles all across the walls to light up the room; however, the large chandelier hanging in the middle of the ceiling had more effect.

Guests were gathered together either to converse along the sides or joining in the waltz that occurred in the center. They were adorned in their fanciest attires as the gowns spun and swayed to the sound of the music and the suits polished the men's figures. Joy filled the room wonderfully and added to its brilliant glow that the stars in the sky above couldn't compare. Yet, no star burned brighter than that of the young prince, Peter. The only son of the royals and heir to the throne since Ben and his wife relinquished any claims to the throne nor had they borne any children.

Peter was the pride and joy of the kingdom, managing both a kind heart and a sharp mind at such a young age. His smile could melt even the stoniest of souls. Everyone could see the potential of a great ruler he could be as his father before him.

He danced and spun happily with his mother and father at his side in the middle of the waltz. As he turned, he found his aunt, May, waving to him whilst Ben had chatted with his comrade, Tony Stark. The laughter he let out as his mother had brushed his side to tickle him, soon ceased and widened into a smile as he spotted his aunt. He departed from his parents presence to make his way to May in a dash, then enveloped her legs in a hug with his tiny body.

"Aunt May," he cheered as she smiled down at him and hugged him in return. "Hey, Peter. It's been too long. Just look at how grown up you are now," she cooed as she ruffled his hair. "But Mayyy," the child whined in annoyance, trying to reposition his hair after she was through, "we'd seen each other three months ago."