Becoming

Yui was excited.

Well, to say the least.

Yui was going to burst!

Because today is a special day! The day... When she finally becomes friends with her junior Kyoko-chan!

The other day, Yui and her planned a day out of their detective work. Actually, only Yui planned, and even suggested the idea.

Yui would even go as far as to beg her grandfather if he didn't agree to it, but luckily, he did, and she didn't have to kneel before him and ruin her career. Kyoko only needed to lie to persuade him, after all, but she decided to go with the truth and he, yes, luckily allowed it.

And now, all Yui had to do was wait, and then bam! They'd be friends! Is it that easy though?

After a while of waiting, Kyoko showed up in her most formal attire.

Yui stared at her dumbfoundedly.

"Um... Kyoko-chan?" Yui started, gulping nervously as her eyes scanned her Junior's clothes more thoroughly.

The shorter girl only did a head tilt and a raised brow and Yui already knew that she was to speak again.

"You do know it's a weekend, right? And... Um..."

"Yes?" Kyoko continued for her, her expression on an edge between annoyance and slight irritation. Both aren't good for a day out.

"You, uh..." Yui scratched her cheek with her finger sheepishly, "You look like you're going to a funeral."

Kyoko wasn't surprised by her comment.

She wouldn't say that she likes black. She's only wearing black because, well, her grandfather wanted her to be prepared for everything, and a black outfit was the perfect way to make sure of that. Only to him though.

She wore the same clothes she usually wore when in detective work with her Yui-oneesama, but a red, thin tie replaced the usual bow, and her jacket was firmly buttoned together up and down, giving her a 'going-to-the-ball' look.

Meanwhile, because it was a hot day, Yui wore her usual shorts but a casual white shirt and simple vest-jacket replaced her school uniform that she also usually wore while in her detective business.

She gave Kyoko a half-nervous smile.

"Anyway... Are you ready to go?" Yui asked finally, and Kyoko nodded without hesitation.

"Alright! Our first stop--!"

At the sudden dramatic pause, Kyoko looked up at Yui.

The older girl had stars in her eyes through her red glasses and a stupid smile on her face as she stared at somewhere at their side.

The road was busy, since it was the weekend and there was no school, so Kyoko found it almost hard for her to see from the crowds almost crushing her for being small, in that sense.

But she managed anyway and what she saw made the stars in Yui's eyes look childish.

"A..."

"Yes, the amusement park!"

Yui said that all too enthusiastically that Kyoko could almost hear the nonexistent sarcasm inside of it.

The amusement park wasn't that big, but it was enough to house arcade games, game booths, a ferris wheel, and a few rides here and there.

Yui had started to point to the direction of the entrance, and even started to run towards it excitedly, and being the athlete that Hope's Peak recognized Yui for, Kyoko found it hard to keep up.