Some sick trend

A/N: So I love The Anonymous Ones from the Dear Evan Hansen movie! Alana definitely needed her own song and they did her justice. However before it was released I had been working on a song for her myself and though it's not nearly as good I still wanted to share it, so here goes.

Everyone always expects me to fade away just for them. And no one steps in and protects me like other people do for their friends. But its not hard to notice, that no one's a friend of mine. If it can't be respected that I have directive then it's totally fine. Alana it's not important for everyone to know why you do the things you do and you don't have to worry cause it's always a clean slate when no one remembers you.

It seems like some sick trend like I'm just cool to ignore. Well what you think of me's not all I'm good for
And I try so hard to move on and forget but the feeling of being so alone, won't leave me alone yet.

Just try your hardest that's supposed to be your thing. The pressure of it all it builds a wall and becomes frightening. Oh come on clear you mind, push this irrational need for connection aside. Ignore that the only reason you were able to reach others is because someone-Connor, died.

And it was like some sick trend like he was cool to ignore. And I know what other's thought of him can't be all he was good for. We shouldn't so soon let go, let be, or forget. And even though he's gone can't let good memories, go too yet.

And I know if our roles were reversed he likely wouldn't care. I wish I could've told him I always noticed when he was there. The campaign's one of those things where it feels so important that you follow through. Cause you'd like to think that maybe somebody, would do the same for you.