36| 𝑴𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑷𝒊𝒆𝒄𝒆 𝑰𝒏 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆

3rd Person POV

"You're a Hart, Kaitlyn. Relative bloodline to the Hoffmans," Gideon states as Kaitlyn nods, "and our coven...it is the last remains of the Hoffman bloodline. Supreme Mathilda...is actually Mathilda Marie Hoffman- your aunt," he explains as Kaitlyn gasps at the news and Klaus just looks flustered with all the news, having had interacted with the Hoffmans a few times in his thousand-year long life.

"What the hell," Kaitlyn mumbles in shock of what she had just been told. There was more to her family? Here, in Italy? "tell me what you know, Gideon," she orders as Gideon nods and motions for them to follow him outside.

As Klaus and Kaitlyn follow behind Gideon, Lizzie goes to walk along with them when she finds herself unable to move, causing her to frown. She turns to look at Hope just in time to see her eyes roll back as she falls unconscious on the ground.

"Hope!" Lizzie yells out in fair, just in time for Josie to catch Hope's limp body as darkness engulfs them.

The twins gasp awake to see they were back in Hope's dorm room.

"What the hell happened?" Lizzie whisper-yells as Josie looks at her with fear.

"I...I don't know. What we saw... mom was killing people," Josie stutters at the memory of what they had witnessed.

"Hope, what do we-" Lizzie begins but quickly trails off when her eyes land on Hope's unconscious body lying on the ground, "Hope? Hope!"

"Oh my god, what is happening to her?" Josie asks as she moves closer to Hope and tries to nudge her awake, "Hope, wake up!"

"Is she drained? Jo, g-get her a bloodbag and call Ryan. Oh god, we should've known this'd be too much for her," Lizzie mumbles as Josie nods before rushing off to get to Ryan.

In was another 10 minutes before Josie returned to the dorm room, Ryan following suit with a furious expression.

"What did you guys do? Are you all out of your damn mind?" he growls, causing both Lizzie and Josie to stutter as he had never raised his voice at them before.

"We...we just wanted to find mom," Lizzie mumbles in fear.

"Find mom? Mom isn't lost! Uncle Kol asked you to drop it but you never listen!" Ryan snaps before crouching down on the floor next to Hope as Josie held out a bloodbag near her mouth. Some of the blood trickled down her throat but there was no change, she wasn't moving. Whatever damage had been done, the blood wasn't curing it.

"Call Uncle Kol," Ryan whispers in an unsure tone as the twins' eyes widen in fear.

"What? Are you insane? Uncle Kol will be furious," Lizzie retorts as Ryan glares at her.

"He had every right to. Mom asked him to look over you all while she was away and it's not been 24 hours before you guys go ahead and do something insane," Ryan fires back before turning to Josie, "Jo, call Uncle Kol now," he orders in a softer tone as Josie nods hesitantly before dialing Kol's number.