Chapter 1

It's been this way ever since she was a child. Angela was a leader. She was born to lead. She was born to be an alpha. Even when she was partnered up with someone else in preschool and they were given the task to make a picture with macaroni, it was her that took charge. Her parents—her mom especially—were so proud of her. Always leading the team. Always headed towards success. She was proud too. She was arrogant. Angela was convinced, her parents were convinced, her friends, her teachers, everyone that knew her would think, "When Angela turns 18, she'll be an alpha in the pack."

On the day before the Mark Ceremony, she could not wait. She had waited so long to get her alpha mark and the day was finally coming. Just one more day, one more, and she would be able to stand loud and proud with her mom at the meetings in the pack. Just more day until she could truly be considered a leader. That night she didn't sleep and kept tossing and turning in bed, imagining how perfect everything would be after the ceremony. 

Beats and omegas would have to bow at her. They would have to show her respect. The little kids would look up to her and say, "I wanna be a strong alpha like you when I grow up!" During the Annual Hunts between packs, the other teams wouldn't look down on her and say, "They even let an undetermined lead the group, I bet we could beat them in a landslide." She would get the recognition she deserved. And maybe after she got her mark, Monica would notice her. Who knows, maybe they were even mates. All she had to do was wait until the sun rose, and the ceremony would begin.

Ultimately, Angela didn't stay up for the entire night. Eventually, she had gotten tired and fell asleep. But after only 4 hours, all it took was one shake from her mom to wake her up from her slumber. Today was the big day after all. 

Angela jumped up from her bed excitedly and changed into the plain white dress. Her mom began to brush her hair. 

"Stop being so impatient dear," her mother said. "It's not like the ceremony is going to go anywhere without you."

"But mooooom," Angela whined. "I've already waited SO LONG for this day. 18 years! Can you believe it! Eighteen years!"

"Everyone has to wait that long dear," her mom laughs. "And many people aren't sure of who they are until they get their mark. Meanwhile you've already known you're an al—"

"Shhhh!" Angela hushed. "Don't jinx it!"

"How can I jinx it when it's already so obvious?"

"That's true," Angela shrugged. "I just had a feeling. Nothing is for certain after all."

Her mom sighed.

"My daughter is an alpha. If this isn't certain, then nothing else can be."

"I guess you're right," Angela smiled. 

The annual Mark Ceremony was pretty simple. It consisted of Angela and other pack members that had turned 18 to walk up an aisle to the sage of the pack. There is a sage per pack and they were considered to be the ones closest to the gods. They were in charge of these ceremonies along with wedding mates in the pack. During the ceremony, the sage would douse their necks in holy water and then light a flame over a special kind of wax, called Colliferin. Holding the flame close to their necks, the mark would then be revealed. To be honest, the sage would only need the flame and candle to reveal the mark but the holy water prevented them from getting burned, feeling hot, or setting on fire. 

"Connor Midley, beta. Alex Smith please step forward."

"Alex Smith, omega. Gianna Heart please step forward."

"Gianna Heart, alpha. Esther O'Collin please step forward."

"Esther O'Collin, beta. Allison Lovell please step forward."

"Allison Lovell, alpha. Angela Canmore please step forward."

When Angela heard her name, she felt like her heart was going to burst. She closed her eyes as the sage held the flame close to her neck. She felt a slight concentration of something clustering together. Then she heard gasps from the crowd.

"It couldn't be...." her mother said in disbelief.

The sage furrowed his brow.

"This is.......unexpected."

Angela felt herself panic. Was there something wrong? What was going on? She opened her eyes and looked into the mirror. Her mark.....

"Angela Canmore, omega."

And that's when everything began to go wrong.

Author Notes:

Angela: I'M AN OMEGA? NOT EVEN A BETA??? FUCK YOU AUTHOR!

Katya: Awwwwwww, my Angie is so cute when she's mad~ づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Angela: FUCK YOU TOO

Katya: Only if you're doing the fucking ;)

Angela:............................I'm gonna kill you

Katya: Angie~, are you trying to seduce me right now?

Angela:............................yeah fuck you author

Me: (T▽T)