『 Chapter 8: The Forge 』

✵ ✵ ✵

"...And with one twist, he took my hand and swallowed it whole. And I saw the look on his face: I was delicious. He must have passed the word because it wasn't a month before another one of them took my leg." You and Hiccup had made it a while ago, luckily no one found it suspicious that you two arrived late.

Once you showed up you realized there was only one more seat. Hiccup instructed that you sit down, and you did. The boy sat down on the ground beside you, he seemed to be half-heartedly listening to the conversation.

Fishlegs spoke up, "Isn't it weird to think that your hand was inside a dragon? Like if your mind was still in control of it, you could have killed the dragon from the inside by... crushing his heart, or something." Everyone looked at him confused.

"I swear, I'm so angry right now! I'll avenge your beautiful hand and your beautiful foot. I'll chop off the legs of every dragon I fight. With my face!"  Snotlout growled, talking specifically to Gobber.

Gobber shook his head, "Un-unh. It's the wings and the tails you really want. If it can't fly, it can't get away. A downed dragon is a dead dragon." You felt a tap on your leg and glanced down, Hiccup gestured to the stairs.

"Go to the forge." He whispered before getting up and sneaking down the stairs. You let out a sigh.

Gobber spoke up again, "Alright. I'm off to bed. You should be, too. Tomorrow we get to the big boys. Slowly but surely making our way up to the Monstrous Nightmare. But who'll win the honor of killing it?"

Everyone started arguing over who would kill it, but Astrid getting up caught your eye. She made her way over to the stairs and looked down them before turning to you.

"Where is he going?" She asked.

You shrugged, "I think the forge."

Astrid nodded, luckily the answer wasn't suspicious he was going to the forge, "Oh ok, um... Be careful around him (Y/N), he's been acting weird."

"Thank you, Astrid, but it's okay." You said, standing up carefully, "I've got everything under control." You spun around, making your way over to the stairs before letting out a silent groan, these stairs were gonna take forever.

You slowly walked down the stairs making sure that you didn't put pressure on your broken leg. You were so happy that tonight there was a full moon, or else you wouldn't be able to see any of the steps.

You felt relief as you made it to a flat wooden surface, that was until you looked down and saw another flight of stairs. You let out a groan, continuing down the stairs, silently cursing Hiccup under your breath.

After making your way down you finally took a breath and began walking towards the forge, you wondered what was so important that he should skip dinner with the trainees.

You opened the door of the small wooden shack, finding Hiccup sitting at his desk crouched over his journal. You stepped over to him, looking over his shoulder. He was scribbling another tail flap on the dragon.

"How are you gonna make that happen?" You asked, startling Hiccup.

"Gods." He breathed, "You scared me." He paused before remembering that you asked him a question, "Oh, well... I'm gonna make it!" You let out a sigh, sitting down in the chair next to his desk.

You leaned your elbows against the desk, "Wake me up when you are done... I am so gonna get yelled at by my mom." You mumbled the last part under your breath, apparently not quiet enough.