Chapter 1

It had been almost half a year since peace negotiations began and truth be told Y/n was impressed with how the divine priestess was handling things. Peace was no longer a pipe dream and General Kujou Sara seemed to truly be taking into consideration everything the resistance had to say, well the former resistance. With how smoothly everything was going there was really no reason to raise arms against the Tenryou Commission, having said that there was still much to do in terms of rebuilding and bridging throughout all Inazuma. Y/n just didn't realize that'd mean she would be moved to the city as a diplomat of Watatsumi even more so that she would be staying at the Tenshukaku, the very place the Shogun resided.

Sangonomiya Kokomi had been sure to give Y/n some rather thick strategy books the week before the diplomat was slated to arrive in the city, but that did little to stifle the anxiety of such a responsibility Surely there was someone better suited for this... But alas the Divine priestess and commander Gorou had to handle things with the new "secret" defense corps. As for the traveler? Well, they were probably already in Sumeru at this point. Which left Y/n, plain simple Y/n.

"We're almost there." a calm voice cut through the diplomat's thoughts. Glancing up Y/n saw gold eyes looking back at her. The h/c-haired girl was intimidated to be transported by the Tengu warrior but found that General Kujou was actually good company and a lot more relaxed than one might think. Which was good, it would be easier to establish good relations this way.

"General Kujou?"

"-Sara..."

Y/n gave a questioning glance before the general elaborated.

"Feel free to call me Sara. It'd feel a bit strange to have you calling me General." the diplomat nodded in compliance before voicing her thoughts.

"Right... Um, Sara?" Y/n tested the name though it felt a bit strange. "I was just wondering what Inazuma city was like? I've heard it's far bigger than the towns in Watatsumi."  By the look on Kujou's face, it was almost as if she wasn't expecting such a simple question. 

But hey at least she wasn't asking for classified information.

Mouth hanging open Sara wondered why she was fumbling for an answer, but she felt a little nervous under e/c eyes. Looking off to the side, Kujou pieced together a response. "I wouldn't say it's huge compared to other places I've read about, but it's also spaced out pretty well so there aren't huge crowds typically. It does have its moments though... usually around festivals."

Y/n hummed thoughtfully. "It sounds nice. I prefer things in moderation. I wouldn't mind going to one of the festivals..."

Sara chanced a quick look at the diplomat seeing a serene smile painted on the woman's lips. "I-... There's one coming up soon. I could show you around it? if you'd like to that is."

The h/c-haired girl gave a nod. "Yes, it'll be a lot better with someone who knows their way around." Y/n gives Sara an appreciative smile and the two return to a peaceful carriage ride.

The duo didn't interact much for the rest of the trip, mostly because Y/n was too caught up in absorbing the city cast in a nightly glow. Up till this point she'd been pretty worn from the long trip, but all signs of fatigue were gone thanks to the beautiful view. With newfound energy also came confidence maybe this won't be so bad.