• 𝐈𝐈 •

song playing: Cradles - Sub Urban
------------------------------------------------

[𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥]

" I reach out for your hand

Hoping you'll understand

Guess I've been always wrong

To think you'll come along "

"Greetings, kid."

The man with glasses smiled and shook the teen girl's hand. (Y/n) looked down at the six-fingered hand, a ghostly smile adoring her face, even though it didn't even reach herself. He was nervous, he didn't expect her to be so cold. Literally, cold. Not only her personality, but also the temperature of her hands. They were cold, making the elderly man shiver. Talking with her felt like conversing with a corpse. A corpse with no blood flowing in their veins, with no life flowing in their eyes.

"Hello, Mr. Pines. I'm (Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)."

She was so polite. Even though the way she talked held no emotions, it didn't make her any less polite. (Y/n) stood straight, all her actions full of grace. There was literally nothing out of place in her whole attire, which alone sound ominous to some extents. It was as if she was shaped into a perfect doll, going as far as calculating her steps and expressions. If she wore one of those victorian lolita dresses, there was no way the man could tell the difference from her and a those dolls.

Awkward silence. Nervously looking around, he guided the girl to his shack in the woods. A place he made himself from the start to the end. Deciding to make small talk, he spoke up.

"Soo, I heard you're a genius, kiddo."

She slightly flinched at how he called her a 'kiddo'. It reminded her of those god-forsaken doctors. The ones telling her, begging her, and sometimes even forcing her to talk in their ways. This did not go unnoticed by the person next to her.

"I heard the same things about you too, sir."

He held his six-fingered hand up and chuckled. Giving her a closed-eye smile, he spoke up.

"Oh please, call me Ford, or father," he reassured her, trying to make her feel at home. Such a lame attempt, no matter what way he used, it would fail in the end. "I feel old when you call me sir, Mr., and etcetera."

And like that, they started knowing each other. They seemed alike, a tiny bit at least. The man talked about how he was bullied, bullied because of his weirdness. How he lost his brother, his best pal, the one he had lots of plans with. Plans of sailing the world on a boat, finding treasure, and finding a place where no one would mind their weirdness. A place where the people were as weird as them. He found it, but not his brother. About his dear co-worker and friend, one who was now helping him instead of making customized computers, instead of wasting his time. He also found a portal, an interdimensional gateway which could easily make them famous. But the thing that caught the girl's attention the most, was his mysterious muse.

The six-fingered man showed the girl a journal, with the same symbol on it. This also managed to catch the attention of a pair of curious (e/c) orbs.

Inside, there were sketches of different creatures, so unreal to the human eyes, but she liked them. Weirdness anomalies full of writing, something that was pure beauty to her eyes. She was always a fan of books, a nerd some might say. And this? This was heaven. A heaven and pure bliss after going through hell for years.