1.

It's a Sunday morning, sometime in June, and Tian is woken up by the feeling of calloused fingertips gently running up his stomach.

They circle his navel, travel up his ribs leisurely, run over his collarbones, up the column of his neck, lingering there to feel his pulse, before gliding over his jaw, his cheek, up into his hair and back down again, finally coming to rest on his lips, mapping their outline. "I know you're awake" Phupha says, his voice soft and still sleepy, and Tian can hear he's smiling, so he opens his eyes to see it.

Phupha is beautiful. His strong jaw, sensual lips and bronze skin, all broad shoulders, and carved muscles. Tian pulls him close, searching for the feeling of his lips against his own, his arms encircling his neck almost out of their own volition. Kissing Phupha is a heady feeling, the strength of his unyielding body contrasted with the soft carefulness of his mouth and Tian is lost in it, even after all this time, let's himself be wrapped up in the slow drag of their lips and the warmth of Phupha's skin pressed against the length of his body.

Tian can hear heavy rain falling outside, drumming against the wooden roof of the house they built for themselves, and the air is humid, clinging to their skin. He turns on his side and hooks his leg over Phupha's hip, drawing him closer and sighing into his mouth. The minutes drag out, endless and slow like molasses and he could stay like this forever.

Phupha breaks their kiss and moves back to look at him, his hand coming up to cup Tian's cheek. They fell in love like this, over long-lasting looks and their hands finding each other, first timidly, later purposely, determined, trying to communicate what they couldn't bring themselves to say out loud, too afraid to break the spell and too wrapped up in the realities of life to allow their fairy tale to become real. But they're here now, in their new home, together, having fallen into the beautiful routine of their shared everyday life.

Tian takes the hand holding his cheek into his own, presses his lips against his palm, breathing him in, his smell familiar and comforting – earthy, the scent of the woods clinging to him, and that distinct musky scent that is all him. He closes his eyes against the wave of love that washes over him. This is his man. The one he chose and who chose him, the one he gets to hold and love and cherish. The man he wants to grow old with.

Phupha runs his hand over Tian's thigh, nuzzling their noses together, another gentle smile gracing his lips. Tian's own fingers wander over of his naked body, the broad planes of his chest, the valleys of his abs, up again to feel the muscles in his biceps, straining as he gently grabs Tian's hips to pull him on top of himself. Phupha's body possesses raw strength, forged in the wilderness into a tool to tame it. He could easily overpower him, pin him down if he wanted to. But he only ever uses his strength in support, carrying Tian to their bed, pulling him into his lap or lowering him gently back unto the sheets, holding him tight so he won't fall apart in the throes of ecstasy.

Tian can never get enough of him, wants him despite still feeling the phantom of his touch from last night, kisses him deep to let him know.

Last night it was carnal, pure want and need driving them, searing kisses and fingers digging into his thighs. But most of the time it's like this: slow and gentle, hands tenderly running over each other's skin, exploring over and over again despite knowing the other's body like a poem recited a hundred times, their lips caressing each other, Phupha taking his time with getting him ready and being ever so careful when entering him.

Tian cannot imagine doing this with anyone else, giving himself to another man like this, trusting him with his body and his heart. He's had other guys before, but Phupha is the first man he went all the way with. And he's glad it was him, that it was something he reserved for the man he loves. He feels save in his arms, invincible. In the beginning, he was nervous, unsure of what to do, of what he wanted and concerned if Phupha would desire him, scared to lay himself bare like that for the man he loves to judge. But Phupha makes him feel beautiful, wanted, desired, his gaze a smouldering ember each time he takes Tian's clothes off, his mouth hungry against his most intimate parts despite having tasted them so often before. He has chased every little lasting bit of shame away, has shown him that this can be so much more than physical.

Tian moves slowly, lazily, wanting to make it last, to just feel him, their bodies connected as deeply as possible. He knows Phupha likes it like this, Tian in his lap, taking what he needs from him, always so willing to give. He likes to be able to look at him, see his reaction, the pleasure on his face, says it's the thing that turns him on the most. And Tian has no idea how he got so damn lucky, to have a man who's so generous and loving and selfless, not just in bed but in general, taking care of him every single day. A man who's so eternally devoted to him. And Tian is just as devoted to him, too.

And he wants him, needs him, needs to be filled and surrounded by him, wants him closer, closer, closer and it's impossible but he still tries, tightening his thighs around Phupha's waist, wrapping his arms around his back to hold him tight, pressing his brow into his neck to breathe him in, tasting the salty sweat on his skin and listening to the sound of his laboured breath.

(And how could they ever think they could stay apart from each other when there is no way they can ever be close enough?)

His release comes in waves, ebbing and flowing, and Phupha holds him through it, anchoring him, follows him over the edge, his lips pressed against Tian’s temple. They fall back unto the sheets, still wrapped around each other, not willing to let go, wanting to savour this moment, to make it last. To shut the world out and exists in nothing but the embrace of their bodies and their mingling breaths.

It's a Sunday morning, sometime in June.

Outside, heavy rain is falling, the air damp and the sky a dim grey. Inside, Tian is lying in Phupha's arms, revelling in his warmth, the feeling of his skin under his hands and his lips against his.