22

Alright, I think it's time to update this book LMAO I didn't realize how long it had been till now, sorry for the wait! I originally was going to abandon this book as well because I was getting busy with life and lost motivation but seeing as how people want me to update this and I've got some time now, I'll do my best to continue this book. Hope yall enjoy <3 i'll be editing the past chapters too, soon.

The weeks leading up to the baby's due date was painful to say the least. Jacob did not leave Bella's side. Neither did Edward. It was like high school all over again, with the two of them fighting for Bella's attention.

"You've got them slobbering all over you, Bells." Ivy joked, nudging the girl lightly. Bella chuckled uncomfortably, shifting in her seat. She rested a hand on her belly.

Ivy wasn't as close as she was with Alice and Rosalie. Maybe it's because they had absolutely nothing in common. She could also tell that Bella resented her maybe just a little bit for being turned.

"Icy!" Emmett's loud voice boomed through the living room. His mouth was covered in blood, as he had just come back from feeding. "It's your turn. You're the only one left."

At the mention of her dinner, Ivy could feel her stomach drop with hunger. Her eyes were pitch black after not being able to feed for a few days. She sighed in relief, "Took ya long enough, man." Ivy teased, shoving her brother lightly on the shoulder, but it made him stumble as her newborn strength was too strong, even for someone like Emmett.

He winced in pain but faked a smile.

"Oh, my fault. I forgot." Ivy giggled, jumping out the living room window and disappearing into the wood. Rosalie looked up from her book and chuckled.

Ivy didn't take long to feed, and she just decided to wander around the deep, dark woods alone with her thoughts. There was one special spot she remembered Sam took her once.

It was the tallest cliff near the Reservation. It wasn't in the area of the Rez, so she could still go there without trespassing. She almost forgot that she wasn't allowed there anymore, and her heart sank.

"Goddamn! How much longer?" Ivy asked in between wheezes. Sam, who barely broke a sweat, chuckled as he took her hand in his and guided her between the slippery, mossy rocks. "Not much farther from here. Come. But b-be careful!" He worriedly warned as Ivy almost slid off a large mossy rock. Sam held her waist and carefully watched her every move. They finally made it up to the top, Ivy sat down on a large boulder, panting and wheezing. "I take it you don't hike much." Sam joked. Ivy shot him a look of fake annoyance, before breaking into a smile. Her eyes wandered  off into the water where she could see Forks. She saw the local police station, the diner, even her school. "Wow, this place is  pretty cool." Ivy sighed. Sam nodded sitting down beside her. Ivy moved closer to him as he slung an arm around her shoulder and her head nuzzled onto his. "It's so cold up here too. Thank god you're always so warm." Ivy held onto his arms, warming her icy hands with his body heat. Sam chuckled, enveloping her in his arms. Ivy sighed in relief. "You feel so good." They sat in silence for a while, neither one had swallowed up enough courage to say something — anything. Sam started humming absentmindedly, it was a habit he had whenever he was happy and around her.

Ivy didn't even realize she was smiling until she saw her reflection in a puddle the night rain had left behind. She was sitting on that very same rock. She saw a flash of two glowing yellow eyes in the reflection and whipped around. Maybe it was the way she turned around that felt too familiar, or the way her heart jumped three beats when she saw who it was. Memories of her death had flooded her mind and Ivy froze. Her eyes were wide, she was a deer caught in the headlights. Sam growled, until he smelled the familiar scent of what used to be Ivy's clothes, and inched closer. To him, Ivy seemed to be catatonic, even unable to back away when he inched closer.