ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴ ꜱɪᴄᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪɴ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜ

You met Lance through Hope, well technically through Maggie. Hope had been hard at work coaching her and she had called you to ask for your advice. You and Hope weren't friends, she wasn't the kind of woman who had friends, but she always respected your professional opinion and you had helped her multiple times with choreographies.

She had asked you to come to the gym one morning to be able to watch Maggie's routine and possibly make some tweaks to it where tweaks were needed.

She had just failed to mention that she wasn't the only one coaching Maggie and that the other coach was a real pain in the ass.

You walked into the gym at the agreed time and the door hadn't completely closed behind you, that someone was already yelling at you.

''The gym's closed.'' Lance called out, not even bothering to look at you.

You didn't like his tone.

''I'm aware, thank you. Where is Hope?''

''Don't know, don't care. Get out.'' He stopped the music and started yelling at Maggie.

''Wow.'' You whispered under your breath, you really didn't like that guy.

Fortunately, Hope walked in a few seconds later. You wouldn't have to deal with Coach Douche anymore.

''Hey, girl.'' Hope greeted you. ''Thanks for coming.''

You nodded. ''Sure. I'm guessing that's Maggie?''

You looked at the poor gymnast that was suffering Coach Douche's wrath.

''Yes. Give me a sec.'' Hope stormed over, screaming. ''Tucker, stop fucking screaming at her.''

They fought for a solid 2 minutes before they finally stopped yelling. Then, she turned to Maggie.

''We'll start your routine from the beginning, with the music. I called someone to help us with the choreography to make sure it's flawless from beginning to end.''

Hope waved you over and you walked over to them, ignoring Lance.

''Hi.'' You smiled and offered your hand for her to shake. ''It's nice to meet you.''

She shook your hand, a goofy grin on her face. ''Thank you for helping.''

''It's no problem. So, I'm not a gymnast but I'm a cheer coach so I know a thing or two about flipping around to music.'' You joked, trying to lighten the mood which seemed to work. To your relief.

''Let me know when you're ready.'' You let Hope take her away to get her ready and you turned around to move away from the mats. You ended up face-to-face with the other coach, who was looking at you with a devilish grin.

''Hi, I'm Lance Tucker.''

''Hi.'' You simply answered and walked over to a different spot where you'll be able to watch the entire routine.

''It's nice to meet you.'' He said, following you.

You hummed as an answer and crossed your arms, waiting.

''Aren't you going to say that it's nice to meet me, too?'' He asked with a smirk.

''I would say it, if it was true.''

You smiled at Maggie when she looked at you over Hope's shoulder.

Lance rolled his eyes. ''Hope said something about me to you, didn't she?''

You shook your head. ''Nope. Not a thing.''

He frowned. ''Then what's your problem?''

''I don't like rude people.'' The music started and you shooed Lance with a wave of the hand. ''Go away, let me work.''