Chapter 1

"Long,long ago,seasons and moons far from the recent----before man-kind even appeared,before light and darkness were against each other,our ancestors were created by the Godess.They were the first ever living creatures."As the breeze silently crept through the land,a dark blue wolf--which was the star-teller started with a low,deep voice."They were called Nathan and Tasha,they helped the Goddess guard the living things now we could all see and sense,all of them,was created by the force of something too mysterious for them to understand .All were flawless as first,but soon,something was wrong,it was when darkness started creeping among their creations.They never knew having the mystery of the force unlocked was a key to open the first slight of darkness,even they as the Goddess could do nothing.Because there was no paradise.Everything with light showed a sparkle of darkness.It didn't take long to conquer their creation's heart,filling a piece of it with evilness.They were no longer perfect,like every of us,clung to a shadow which meant the dark side of theirselves.Some of them among the creations,their evilness grew stronger every moment,so swift that it almost blinded the gleam of light in just few heartbeats .Until,"the blind star-teller stopped,her dull eyes stared tightly at a curious young wolf .The old wolf did not want to reveal the terrifying part of the tale,but she let the final words escape from her tongue,they were slow and filled with horror."The darkness was too strong that destroyed their good-nature and they become part of the darkness,which were called The Shadow Demons."
The cub simply titled her head,she was too young to fear,after all."Tell me more,Maya!",she quietly laid on her nest for a new tale while her sibling was too "patient" to stay still. "Come on Moon",a larger brownish male cub nudged his sister with his nose."Lets go and have some fun and stop listening to that..."he held his head up rudely to took a glance of the old,patient star-teller."Weird furball,"he whispered in disgust."Oh Thorn,Maya isn't a weird furball!She got fabulous stories for us every time!"Moon rolled her eyes,annoyed by the rudeness of her brother and ignored him.Just as the little female cub was begging Maya to tell her more,a massive silvery figure appeared in front of them."Storm,"the she-wolf greeted the alpha,dipping her head respectfully at him.Storm shot a swift glance at Maya,"Star-teller,may I have a word",his tone was rather urgent,making her ears pricked immediately,she could tell there was message from the alpha.And more importantly,it was something serious.Moon knew it too,she opened her jaws a little hoping to ask what's wrong,but then she swallowed the words,it's grown-ups' stuff anyway."Sure Storm,"the two adult wolves padded out from the large den with a fast pace and headed to a clearing.As a young cub,Moon didn't know how serious were the secrets hidden from her--even the pack.Yet,she could barely feel a cold shiver beneath her fur.Something's totally wrong.

Storm and Maya stopped their paws from bringing them further when they arrived the place they usually gather,then Maya started bringing her words up,seemed to be knowing what her brother wanted to question."Storm,it was an ominous omen...and you have already sensed it?",she murmured softly,her green eyes was clouded with worries.The Alpha was silent for a long moment,for the very first time fear actually appeared on the mighty leader's face."The Shadow Demons...they...are back...for the land,and..revenge."Maya's neck fur bristled as she stuttered,her ears had lain flatten to her skull.Neither of the two could calm theirselves down.The dark legend was back,the worst of all,approaching."Hide it from the pack,it's for the best,"Storm turned to his sister while she nodded in agreement."I will prepare for the upcoming war",a slight sigh sneaked out from the alpha's jaw.It was a real long silence before a wolf rushed in fearfully,"S...storm!A...a thunder stroke a tree and the woods is on fire!",a she-wolf wailed at the alpha suddenly,panting and trembling horribly."What?!Gather the pack,now!We have to leave immediately!",Storm's eyes widened and urged the fighter to inform the others while he himself was searching his daughter anxiously."Moon!Moon?Where are you?",he called out his daughter's name.But all he could hear were hopeless yowls and the roaring flame blazing cruelly through trees.
The alpha's daughter was hiding under a log,trembling so hard as she was frightened,tightly closing her small eyes to avoid seeing flare of the flames,so bright that tear her eyes.Yet,Moon knew the pack was looking for her, she bravely trotted out from the log,looking around trying to search for the scent of her father.Moon did not notice how dangerous it could be for a cub in a woods of fire without shelter.All of a sudden,Moon heard a crackling sound nearby,when she turned,her heartbeat nearly stopped-----A tree was falling straight on her like a bolt.Her legs were too terrified to react,they were just shivering so hard.
Just as Moon thought her life was ending,a shadow-like,dark figure grabbed her by scruff,swiftly got her away from the falling tree.It took a few minutes for Moon to calm herself down,then she slowly turned her gaze to the dark figure.It was a male wolf cub,same as her age,yet a lot larger than her,even her brother.His fur was pitch black,and was with a long,strong snout that could only belong to an alpha.The black wolf cub seemed to read her mind."My name is Shade,"his voice was bare and dull,blue eyes were cold like the chilling winter breeze."So...thanks anyway,Shade,I'm Moon",Moon smiled shyly and dipped her head to show gratitude.Without knowing why,Shade's blue,dark gaze smoothened a little.He turned away from her and shouldered his way towards the bush where he soon no longer be found."Weird",Moon whispered under breathe,disappointed.Her eyes stayed at the bushes where the mysterious wolf was in just seconds ago,his scent was still overwhelming."Moon!",the young cub felt she was lifted up,surprised at first,but then she knew it was her father."Where have you been?Its very dangerous out there",the alpha's tone switched from concern to furious."Moon lowered her head in guilt in front of the furious,fur bristling leader."I...I'm sorry father","Oh Storm......",Maya walked slowly to the both."She's just a little fella,don't be too harsh,"then the she-wolf smiled and curled her fuzzy tail around the innocent pup.Moon wagged her tail and giggled a little,then peacefully fell asleep in the protection of Maya,safe and sound.Storm smiled when he saw his cute little angel fell in sleep."How innocent and cute she is,"Maya placed a paw gently on Moon's tiny head."But after all,"her smile faded gradually ,"She'll have to suffer the upcoming bloody war".Then it was a silence,both of them knew,the storm is already raging on