Chapter 1: Major Crush

Junior year was the first time I got a class with Shawn Hunter, and he was definitely not an easy boy to forget. I instantly thought he was cute, and I wished that we could get a chance to talk. Sometimes I would accidentally stare at him as Mr. Turner taught the class. I usually didn't get yelled at, since I was a straight A student, and normally Shawn was fast asleep, his best friend, Cory finishing the second half of his quiet snores. I jerked back to reality as the bell rang, gathering my things before pausing at the doorway. My face turned hot as I realized something, turning on my heel to walk up to our teacher's desk.

"Mr. Turner," I asked.

"Yeah? What is it, Kim?" He had naturally given me that nickname even though I preferred my full name. It was just easier not to correct teachers when they got it wrong.

"What was the assignment for today? Did we have an assignment for today," I slowly asked.

"I didn't think you were paying attention, but yeah, you just need to read these few pages and answer the questions at the end."

"Thank you," I told him, hurriedly writing down the information as I balanced my purple notebook on my knee.

"Everything okay? You've seemed pretty distracted in my class this year. Your grades are still fine, but I just wanted to make sure everything else was okay."

"Oh, shaw-sure, they're, sure, they're fine," I stammered, my face the color of a tomato as I rushed out of the classroom.

"No, you're the cutest," Cory gushed to his girlfriend, Topanga, me unable to stop admiring how cute they were. I gasped when someone ran into me, my heart stopping as my mouth dropped at the boy who brushed his dark hair out of his eye, before tucking it behind his ear.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there," he slightly laughed, me just gawking after him as he passed to meet up with his friends. I rushed to my next lesson with Mr. Feeny, unable to stop from admiring Shawn during that hour as well.

"Miss Kelley, would you like to tell us who invented the printing press," the older teacher asked me.

I broke out of my daze, already feeling my face flush, grateful that Shawn was too distracted by staring into space to notice. "Oh, um... Johannes Gutenberg?"

"That is correct. Just making sure you're paying attention."

I weakly smiled at him as the bell rang, wondering why it couldn't have gone off just seconds earlier. I stopped at my locker, sighing softly as I checked my hair in my small, pink square mirror attached inside it. I froze when I saw a familiar pair of blue eyes staring past me, thinking that it was me he was noticing. Before I could hardly blink though he was strolling up to another girl that instantly kissed him when he was met with her embrace. I found myself alone at Chubbies after school, just wishing it wasn't so hard to find friends, since everyone seemed to already have their own groups or cliques already. I sipped on my Coke as I raised my gaze to find Cory Matthews rubbing his hands in front of me.

"Hey... Have you seen Topanga," he slowly asked, glancing around the room.

"No." I shook my head as he nodded slightly. "Do you mind if I join you?"

"Are you sure she won't mind?"

"I just thought you could use some company. I've noticed you sitting alone at school, and I just don't get it. You're a straight A student and popular."

"Yeah, but I'm pretty shy too..."

"Yeah, but at least you're not a nerd like me." He took the seat across from me as I shot him an extra weak smile.

"I think Topanga just got here," I sadly said, knowing that I would be all alone now, but he waved her over.

"Hey, Topanga. You know, Kimberly, right?"

"Yeah, hi," she warmly smiled, me returning the gesture.

"I just thought she could use some friends. Is it okay if we all sit together?"

"Of course. Shawn should be coming over any minute." Instantly my complexion had turned rosy as I attempted to hide it. "What? Do you like him?" Topanga sounded slightly amused as that just made my nervous reaction worse.

"Maybe...," I mumbled.

"Wait, is that what you've been staring at in class?"

"Other people have noticed?"

"Well, kind of. I mean, when the teachers call on you, you don't seem as alert as you were. I love Shawn, but you do know he's a bit of a player, right?"

Before I could answer Shawn himself had strode over, making me cower into my shell again. "Hey, why aren't we at our usual table," he confusedly wondered.

"Shawn, Kimberly. Kimberly, Shawn," Topanga introduced as she gestured to each of us with her hand.

"Hi," I got out in a high, soft voice, loving how our names sounded together.

"Hey," He replied, sitting in the last free seat beside me as I gripped my glass filled with Coke tighter. "So, are we going to a movie later?"

"I can't. My dad's still grounding me for forgetting to fill the car up with gas last time. I'm actually not supposed to be here right now," Cory confessed, pressing his lips together.

"And I can't either. My aunt wants me home early on school nights now," Topanga quietly sighed, her arms crossed as Shawn looked between his two friends.

"So... no movie then," he cautiously questioned.

"Why don't you go with Kimberly? Maybe she has tonight free," Topanga positively suggested. I envied how casual she could do that, wishing I had her confidence.

"Um, okay. We were going to go see Titanic tonight. Is that okay?" He finally looked over at me after warily eyeing his buddies. Unfortunately my anxiety forced me to answer with my gaze cast downward, observing the bubbles in my drink.

"Yeah," I confirmed, not wanting to mention I had already seen it twice already. I had a major crush on the movie star, Leonardo DiCaprio, but right now Shawn was the one giving me butterflies.

A/N: Hey guys, I'm so happy that I finally got my first Shawn Hunter love story chapter written! I was seriously so nervous about doing it, but now I'm really glad that I did. I think writing about "Boy Meets World" will help me to keep feeling better with my depressed mood lately. Like seriously when I'm watching that show, I always feel better. And it can give me a good cry during some of their sweet or deep scenes. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you did. And the title of this book is from Alana Lee's song, "Butterflies," and the description is lyrics from her song, "Synchronize." I seriously get butterflies myself when I listen to those songs and think of Shawn. <3 <3