Early Morning

this is so sappy. absolute tooth-rottingly sweet fluff with the funky walten man. it isn't that long either. also gender neutral reader :-)
story wise this is way before felix fucked everything up, you basically take the place of rosemary, yadda yadda yadda lets just get into the comfort.

     Cuddled up close to him, y/n was sound asleep against Jack's chest. He began to stir in the early morning, shifting around trying to nudge them off, only causing them to cling tighter.

     "Come now, dear, you know I have to get up... Felix and I have a meeting with Cyberfun today, remember?" he placed a hand on their head, at which they leaned against, whining in feigned annoyance. The clock, conveniently placed where moonlight illuminated it, caught their eye. It was only four in the morning... No way in hell he was supposed to be up that early.

     "It's only four..." oh my, that voice when they were just barely awake... It melted Jack's heart. But, they were right,

     "Awh, I... I miscounted, I apologize, I still have an hour..." He settled back down in bed, chuckling when his beloved teased him for his ever-proper way of speaking. From here, they looked downright angelic, the moonlight perfectly cast over their cheek. He couldn't help but pull them close and plant his lips on their forehead. They hummed in a sleepy response. Jack's mind had been plagued with the stresses of the new buisness, but right here, in this bedroom, with his darling... None of that mattered now. Taking their arms down from being wrapped around him and placing their hands at the junctions between his neck and shoulders, his lover's eyes looked up at him with furrowed brows.

     "You're tense... Is everything alright, my love?" Their voice was still soft and quiet from sleep. They put light pressure on the muscles in his shoulders, feeling the stress underneath

     "Mhh... It's.. It's the meeting, hon.. Today we find out if we are going to be able to go through with the restaurant project..." He admitted, looking down slightly. After humming a bit in response, they began shifting around, pushing Jack up a bit and putting themselves beneath him, laying him back down so they were sitting down while he lay against their chest.

     "Relax now." it was almost a command, making him giggle just a bit. Their hands placed even pressure on Jack's shoulders and upper back trying to work out the tension they held. Jack released a slight groan, sighing as their hands moved across his skin

     "Hm.." He smiled, "You treat me so well..." he mused, melting against their touch. They sat in comfortable quiet for a little while, Jack humming a little tune and y/n swaying in time. He looked up at them, leaning against them. The stress released from his shoulders, making him sigh in relief. "That's enough now, darlin." he rolled his shoulders, turning himself around to face his beloved. He swore there was some magic about them, every time he looked at them he felt calm. He leaned forward, capturing their lips in a deep kiss. He cradled their head and pressed them back down into the pillow. They hummed lightly into the kiss, pulling him as close as they could. As he pulled away, he gazed into the still-sleepy eyes of his partner. "...I love you, so much..." he smiled.

     "I love you too.."

     "You should get more sleep now, you don't need to be up at this hour." He rolled over to his side of the bed, glancing at the clock "I still need to be up in half an hour."

     "You need to get more sleep too, Jack. You've seemed so tired lately.." He cradled them to his side, with their head resting on his chest.

     "If I promise to get to bed early tonight, would you stop worrying so much?" he teased lightly. Truthfully, he was thankful for their care. He had been taking much better care of himself ever since they were together.

     "You know I'll always worry about you." They twirled a bit of his long, curly hair in their fingers. He chuckled softly, the sound reverberating in his chest. The pair once again fell into comforting silence, only the sounds of the early birds beginning to wake up breaking the silence. Jack's eyes stayed on the clock, watching the seconds tick by, hoping that watching the clock would slow time down. He didn't want this moment to end. These moments are what made everything worth it. These moments where it was just quiet love between two souls. If there were anything to make him believe in soulmates, it'd be them.

     "What would I do without you.." he mused, half expecting them to be asleep. Instead, they moved up and placed a soft kiss on his nose, making his pale skin flush red. Little could make him flustered, so it was a rare sight, one only his beloved spouse was allowed to see. Watching the clock once again, the time ticked over to five. Sighing heavily, he shifted away from them. "I really do have to get up this time, my dear." he was once again met with a halfhearted whine, but this time they let him go.

     "Mmmhh... I don't want you to leave" they complained, sitting up in the bed. He sat on the edge of the bed before eventually standing up fully. He yawned and stretched, turning to face them again.

     "Believe me dear, I don't want to leave you either." He leaned over, putting a hand behind their head, "I'll be back as soon as I can, my love." his voice was a low whisper, "I promise." With that, he pulled them in for another deep kiss, tilting their head up with one hand while the other pressed on the back of their head. Their arms once again wrapped around his shoulders, in one more attempt to keep him close. Nonetheless, he pulled away, a little smile spread on his face.