Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1: An Episode for Sobbing.

Old fancy walls, massive curtains, chandelier that's bright and bold as mothers' red lipstick on royal balls. I've been sitting here for quite a time now, waiting for my mother. I suppose she will address an important matter to me.

"Glad to see you early dear, Let's begin our talk once your father arrives" mother addressed sitting beside me and smiled. After quite some time father arrived and they started out by saying "Y/n my dear, you know we want what's best for you"

I looked at them not able to read their faces. "Go ahead mother, father. I'm listening" I said smiling. "Next week, you will be marrying" They uttered. Did I hear them right? what?

"but mother I have a beau" I spoke, I do not know how to feel because I know I dont have a choice and I know exactly where this is going.
"You know what to do y/n" father said looking me straight on the eye.

"Excuse me" I said and stood. "Let's meet on dinner mother, father." I bowed and ran. I ran fast as my tears grew. I finally stepped in my chamber sitting on the bed.

Tears fell, I curled up not caring about anythig anymore. How could they not ask for my permission. This is stupid who am I kidding im from a royal family and my opinion shall be heard? no. silly me, I just want to be a normal person normal life normal school life normal friends. Is that so hard to give?

Hours went by. Nothings changed, how am I going to tell him? I love him this is way too crazy just how? All these thoughs nearly swallowed her whole existence. But then a knock was heard.

"Your highness, we are here to get you ready for dinner" The lady in waiting said. I wiped my tears and got ready for dinner.

I'm walking down the massive stairs heading to the Family dining room. However Mother and father are not there. How come? "Mrs. Smith? Where are the majesties?" I asked "They are in the Formal Dining Your highness" She said escorting me to the formal dining "Thank you Mrs. Smith"

We arrived and saw My mother and father sitting quietly. "Pardon me for being late your majesties, However why are we he—" Both eyes looking at me. He is here sitting across my seat. "We invited Jackson over, come on let's have a peaceful dinner" They all smiled at me including Jackson.

I looked at my parents to see them not minding any of these. How can they do this to me? on the spot? I sat down can't help my hands shaking due to the anxiety this day had caused me. I had enough today, yet I still have to get through this.

Jackson has been smiling at me the whole time and I didn't know how to react. In the middle of eating and exchanging looks with everyone. Father spoke. "We invited you for a reason" He started which made all of us stop eating and look at him.

"Yes, I suppose your majesty" Jackson said glancing at me before looking back at my father.  "You see, we decided to let y/n date you for a while but knowing that he's from a royal family you must know the consequences." He stated which made me look at him Dont tell me he will tell him?

"We decided to marr—" I went for it before he says anything. "Father, pardon me but I think I should be the one telling him" I said pleading visible in my eyes. He nodded "Very well, yes you must be the one to tell him that you'll be married to a Prince soon" What the holy grail?

"I beg your pardon?" Jackson spoke and looked at me. I looked down at my hands containing my anger. "The consequence to date someone from a royal family, knowing you're just a nobody is you'll eventually break up so soon." Father again spoke.

"Please, your majesty? let us talk. Excuse us." I said and stood signaling jackson to follow me.
We headed to the open garden and sat on the bench. I didn't know how to start but we need to talk about this.

"What was that y/n?" He said i was containing my tears all this time. I can't seem to focus. " i'm i'm so sorry jackson we need to break up my parents are going to marry me off." I said finally having the guts to look at him.

Jackson is the most precious guy i ever met. He never made me feel less with him i feel like i don't need to pretend you never treated me badly. I love him so much, i don't know if i'll ever get to move on from him.

"but how about us? how about us y/n? you won't fight for us?" He said looking into my eyes as if looking for something . "Jackson, you know it's worthless to go against them. You know that way too well." I sobbed. I didn't care anymore and hugged him.

"I love you, but i have to let go" i said. He hugged me back. Making me feel that warmth from his arms. "I understand, i know this will happen even before we started out. I know you have responsibilites as a future Queen. Let me be the one to see you shine." He said hugging me tight. I felt a wet substance on my shoulder but i didn't dare to budge and just kept hugging him.

"Your highness the king has said the escort the young man outside." One of the royal guardd popped out of nowhere. We broke the hug, and bid our farewells.

"Take care my love." He said and I just sobbed harder. I turned my back and made my way to my chambers.

Tears fell over her cheeks like a fretful stream over boulders. She never thought over her life since then. She's a princess of course. She once felt free and happy but reality came and slapped hard, making her realize that happiness for a long time? takes a great effort on making your life worse than ever. Everything is temporary, she did'nt realize that until now. Her life? she thought it wasn't as bad as she thought, but it is. Her future, her whole being was planned and controlled. She felt so stupid not realizing all this. A 21 years old Princess, realizing all this too late. She should have known.

She knew how great of a responsibility this is going to be. She doesn't even know who's she going to marry. She made herself promise that night that she would never expect more ever again. All the fame, power, money she had was nothing if compared to it's take backs and consequence.