My sunrise

Ophelia Quinn met Regulus Black in her first year at Hogwarts, they were the same age. Regulus was by himself since his brother Sirius Black went off with his friends and left him by himself. At first, Regulus seemed to not want anything to do with her. She had been someone who didn't know when to stop bothering someone, but as she kept trying to initiate a conversation with Regulus, he soon gave in.

Throughout the entire train ride, they talked about everything in between their hobbies and what they expected at Hogwarts. Regulus was enthusiastic to be a part of quidditch just like his brother was and wanted to be just like him. Ophelia encouraged him to go for it and see if he really liked it. This was the trend between them, they supported each other in whatever they wanted to do.

They became friends for their entire rest of the year at Hogwarts, Regulus was sorted into Slytherin like his entire family had been, excluding his brother. Ophelia had been sorted into Hufflepuff, but even with the contradicting houses, their friendship never wavered.

Ophelia would always be waiting for Regulus after every quidditch match and Regulus not being able to wait to see her once they were done.  They never once left without the other nor did they decide that they were spending too much time together. This went on year after year, that was until they turned 15.

"Wait, Regulus!" Ophelia yelled after him. Regulus had finished quidditch practice and she was waiting for him at the doors. Regulus had walked by her and ignored her.

"What's wrong, I've been waiting here for the past few hours and you've just gotten out now, what happened?" Ophelia asked as she tried to catch up to him.

"Leave me alone Lia! I don't need you or want you in my life anymore!" Regulus yelled as soon as Ophelia grabbed his robes.

"Why are you acting like this Regulus?" Ophelia asked as she held tight onto his robes.

"You don't get it Lia! You're of impure status. A wizard with the blood of a muggle can never be with someone who has a pure wizard bloodline in their veins! You'll never be enough for me, so back off!" Regulus yelled, shocking Ophelia.

He looked down and swatted her hand away. The basket in her other hand fell down as she watched him walk away. She never knew what happened for him to hate her so, but at that one instance, their friendship was broken.

The years went by and each time they crossed each other's path, they would avoid their eyes. As the time passed, she had realized that she had been in love with Regulus and the fact that he pushed her away broke her more than she imagined. At the same time, Regulus felt the same way.

Regulus was a pure-blood and Ophelia was a muggleborn. The Black family had sworn alligence to Voldemort. His main purpose was to eradicate blood traitors and muggleborns. If he had learned that Regulus was friends with a muggleborn, he would've been forced to dispose of Ophelia no matter what.

The only way that Regulus thought of to save Ophelia at the time was to cut his ties with her until the time was right. Neither of them knew what was happening to the other, but they both hoped that the other would always be okay.

When Regulus turned 18, he found a way to defeat Voldemort and keep Ophelia safe along with his brother, he decided to destroy the locket. With hope in his heart, he set out to do so, but before he left he wrote two letters, one for Voldemort to know what he was doing and one for Ophelia to apologize.

His letter to her went like this:

Dear Lia,
My Sunrise,

I know what I said to you on that day must of hurt you and I'm sorry. I never ever wanted to hurt you, I always wanted to protect you. I've found a way to defeat Voldemort and a way to protect you at the same time. I'll destroy his locket and I pray that one day, the chosen one will come like the prophecy states and defeat him. Until then, I will do what I must to help and prevent him from winning. I can't wait to see you again Lia. I can't wait to spend time on the astronomy tower and watch the stars together, sneaking back to each of our dorms every night for a sleepover, and you looking at the sunrise while I'm looking at your smile. You are my everything, I can't wait to tell you everything and to one day take your name. I want you to tell my brother something. Tell him I forgive him for leaving me behind and that I'm sorry for not going with him when I should've, I know that he had to escape and I'm glad he's happy now. Tell him I'll always love him, no matter what happens. And lastly Lia, I love you. Thank you for being by my side for so long. No matter what separates us, I'll always come back to you. Forgive me for leaving you with so many questions and not giving you any answers. I hope this letter finds you well. I'll see you again.

Sincerely yours,
Regulus.
Signed: ___Regulus__Quinn___

Even though Regulus hoped for this letter to reach Ophelia, it never did. Regulus had failed in his task and tragically died. Ophelia soon died just a few days after Regulus had, she was targeted by death eaters and never made it. She had been believed to know where Regulus was due to their relationship, but since she had no idea where he was, she became of no use to them and was disposed with for being a muggleborn. Her last thought was for Regulus. She had hoped and wished that he was safe and sound, no matter where he was.