Chapter 1 - Introduction

Gorm looks into the crusty stone mirror as he puts on his Abyss uniform for the day. Unfortunately, the uniform is always the same dark blue dress with its hairy gradient crest. The Abyss Herald wouldn't allow him to wear anything else to work.

"It's time for the meeting! Don't want to be late again, do you?" a voice calls from the corridor.

Gorm mumbles to himself, and heads out of his room.

----

Siegfried, the head of Gorm's group, arises from his seat as Gorm enters the room.

The other seated mages look in his direction.

"Just in time, just in time," Siegfried says, "today, we have all come to an agreement to nominate you, Gorm, to carry out a very special mission."

"And...what is it?" Gorm asks. He seats himself into the chair at the very end of the table.

"You will deliver this letter to our beloved batman, Diluc," Siegfried announces, as he slips a letter towards Gorm. He caught a heart-shaped seal on it.

His heart skips a beat. D-Diluc? Diluc Ragnvindr? He mercilessly killed my Cryo Mage colleague that last time!

"I... I'm not sure if I can -"

Gorm is cut off.

"Do not worry," Siegfried reassures, "I have just the perfect plan." A little mischievous giggle erupts from him.