'The taste of Freedom'

Freedom that's the word came out from my mouth when i step out from my hometown. I lived my past 18 years of my life inside my room watching tv and reading novels. My family is respected and well known. My father is minister of the town and almost everybody in my family is either in politics or govt. officer. I'm the only child that's why i had everything i wanted expect living my life the way i want. I barely made any friends because everybody in school was kinda scared of me because of my family. And also my father doesn't want that someday i became a trouble and ruin his career. That's why they always make me to stay home that feels like a cage. But now i want to forget about everything and spend my college days by enjoying every second of it.

"The view is so beautiful" i said as i look down from aeroplane window. "Is this your first time in plane ?" a old lady asked who is sitting beside me. I nod with a smile. Not because this is my first time in plane but because this is actually my first time going somewhere without anyone correcting me how i should behave.

I saw a man waving a huge cardboard on which was written Celine Kaur. Then i know he was here to pick me up. He was driver of my father's childhood Friend. My father wanted me to live in his friend's house because of my security. Mr. Malhotra is more like a family even though he is not blood related. Driver picked up my luggage and put in trunk. "This way Mam" he said and opened the door for me. I saw huge buildings passing through. The feeling i'm having right now is beyond. I'm testing the taste of freedom which anytime can snatched away from me if i made any mistake. So i have to enjoy every bit of it without causing any trouble.

Driver stopped the car in front of huge white mansion. I step out from the car. A man who is in his 40s came out from the big doorway and hugged me. "You were so little when i saw you last time. Oh my god Celi look at you now you are still short" He laughed so hard looking at me and i rolled my eyes with a smile because its everyday thing for me. I never played outside with others. I spent my whole childhood in a room front of tv watching Tom & Jerry. What do you expect from my Growth hormone.
"Nice to see you too uncle" i said hugging him back.

I enter in house, it was so big and beautiful. I wonder how such short family lives here. My house is also big but we live in a joint family so it doesn't feel big. "Go take shower first" uncle said while grabbing his car keys. "I have a meeting to attend, see you at dinner" he smiled and went away. An old aunt came to me, she looks like head of the all servent. "This way young lady" she smiled and show me my way to room.

The walls of the room is violet. Queen size bed in the middle. A huge mirror in left and a cabinet next to it. There is desk in right side, just beside it there is a balcony. I went there and it has super beautiful view of back garden. It's 4 pm right now. I have enough time until dinner. I jumped on the bed and it was so warm and cozy. I took a quick nap and showered. I wore my usual oversized t-shirt and shorts.

I went downstairs to see if uncle came back. "Hey Celi, come join us." Uncle said with a big smile. I went to dining table and saw a girl who looks like she came straight from a magazine. A tall and beautiful girl with green eyes. She has black and blue hair. I always wanted to dye my hair like that. "Hi I'm Karina." She said while offering her hand. "I'm Celina, good to see you." I said while shaking her hand. I smelled cigrette from her hand. Lucky girl i said in my mind.

"Where's aunt ?" I asked while taking a big spoon of rice in my mouth. "She's on a trip with her friends." Uncle said. "My parents doesn't even live at home. You can say only i live here." Karina said with a frown face. "Where is Raj and Karan ?" I asked. "Karan is in boarding school because he became a total trouble-maker and Raj is working in london, he is a doctor now." Uncle sighed taking a sip of wine. It felt like he misses them. We finished our dinner and just relaxing on couch.

"Tomorrow is a big day. Get enough sleep." Uncle said while patting my shoulder. "You better take care of Celi in college or else no pocket money for next month." Uncle gazed to Karina. "Why you have to blackmail me all the time." She groaned and walked away. "She is just a little stubborn, don't worry you two can get along real quick." He gave me smile.

I went to my room and watched the ceiling for one hour thinking about the next day. Thinking about how i am goin' to get along with Karina. She is just mad because their parents doesn't spend much time with her. There is my parents who never leave me alone. If she was me, i would probably be on the top the world. Living however you want is a dream for me. Don't compare yourself to others. Just thank god for what you have and enjoy it while you still can. I pinch me and take my phone. No calls no messages. My phone has only relatives numbers who send me good morning message with a quote. I set alarm of 6am and tried to sleep.

*Bird Chirping* i woke up with the sound of bird Chirping. No, not because of real bird sound but of my alarm. I took a shower and went downstairs. "Can you wake up Karina, please." Uncle requested while adjusting his tie. "Sure" i said and went to her room.

Super messy . Room was full of beer cans. There was cigrette packets on table. I wonder if anybody ever come in this room. "Karina wake up, it's time for breakfast." She pushed me and groaned "five more minutes." "We will be late, wake up" i lift her blanket. Ohhh myyyy eyess!!! Godd she is naked. I put my hands on face. "I said fucking five minutes." She yelled and sit up. "See you downstairs" i quickly walked and close the door. What a spoiled girl.

"Sir already left for office. If you want anything just tell me straight way." Old aunt said while serving me breakfast. "Sure, and this food is so delicious" i smiled at her. "Sir told me that if Karina doesn't get up then driver will give you ride to the college." She said and I nodded.

Author: English is not my first language so correct me for my mistakes. I'll do more better next time. Hope you enjoyed it.