Annoyance

Yukimura would constantly visit the rooftop garden; during breaks, during lunch break, before school, between school and practice, any time he could. And because of this Sanada always had to climb four sets of stairs every time he had to speak with said guy, making him unnecessary annoyed at his constant running up and down.

Is it really that hard to not see flowers every time you get out of the classroom?

Apparently, it was. Because Yukimura had once again disappeared from his classroom when Sanada made it there once the school day was over. Sanada sighed quietly as he turned towards the stairs that went from top to bottom of the school building, though he knew he should have been expecting it.

However, unlike every other day when Sanada would wait by the door patiently until Yukimura was done with whatever he was doing with those flowers, Sanada found himself pausing by the open door.

Yukimura was not alone today, Sanada noted briefly before he saw who was speaking to his captain and friend. It was a girl from Yanagi's class, 3-F, whom Sanada had seen around his calculating friend multiple times but never quite bothered with remembering her name. He had, on the other hand, noted her enough times to register that she had cut her hair from its previous waist-length to a more suitable (according to Sanada at least) shoulder blade-length.

He was debating whether to go back down or just wait until they finished speaking when the choice was made for him as Yukimura had spotted him. The tennis captain said a few final words to the girl before he excused himself and joined Sanada without a word as they headed towards practice.

.

For the next three weeks, Sanada saw neither heads nor tails of the girl, not even when he went to talk to Yanagi and it struck him for the first time that why was he even noticing this? He convinced himself it was because it had to do with Yukimura, and everyone knew that when it came to Yukimura Sanada was very alert. Which sounded weirder than it actually was; Yukimura was the captain of the tennis team and if the captain would, for some reason, lose even the slightest of focus so would the rest of the team, thusly Sanada, as the vice-captain, felt it his mission to make sure that did not happen.

Which sounded even weirder, but honestly it was not; he was just looking out for his team.

So he convinced himself that it was for that reason that he intercepted her path when he saw her making her way towards the tennis courts three weeks later.

'May I help you?' he asked politely, clearly startling her as she stopped dead and looked up from the papers she had been reading.

'I wish to speak with Yukimura-kun, if that is alright?' she replied after a second of hesitation, her tone equally polite.

'Practice is about to start, can it wait?'

'I'm afraid it can't,' she had said just as Yukimura had stepped out from the lockers and spotted the two standing a bit off, he smiled and waved at them casually.

'Kobayashi-chan, did you manage to find the required papers I asked for?' Yukimura asked as she joined him.

'Yes, I just need your signature and then I can send them in,' she replied and offered him a pen.

As Yukimura scribbled his name on the paper and the girl, Kobayashi, thanked him and gave a slight bow to Sanada, said guy could for once in his life say that he truly felt like an ass for doubting her intentions.

Even more so when Yukimura mentioned that they were on the same committee and that she had been appointed as the new secretary only a month ago.

.