Chapter one- The strangest dream

Song: Ready for it?- Taylor Swift

When I think of my future, I think of growing up, having a family, being an actor, or a playwright sensation...

Never of anything out of the ordinary, right?

This year proved me wrong is so many ways, there is no denying it.

Wishing life was simpler is just a setback because the truth is; you have to expect the unexpected even if your life seems perfect at the moment.

Trust me when I say, nothing lasts forever, somethings always going to screw everything up. The only thing you can do is keep a either mutual, negative or positive attitude, I choose mutual. Whatever happens, happens...

-

She walks down the hall
Up the stairs
No one in Hollywood arts compares
Chocolate brown eyes
They hypnotize me like a disguise
I try to hide my stolen fate
But I can't so
I take the bait
- Blue Raven

Smiling, I press the note onto her locker, just waiting for first period to end. I wait fifteen seconds, no thirty, no one minute until the off-course bell rings proudly.

Feeling my breakfast bubble up in the wrong way, I run away. Though no one will ever catch me, I feel very weak. I think it's just what love makes me do...

I hear the annoying chatter of students fill the air, I could hear everything. Suddenly, just as I peeked my head from the janitors closet, the notorious seventeen year old, opens her locker.

Noticing the paper, she takes the note and reads it. A soft smile is pressed to her lips as she reads, loving the writing. I knew I was good at poetry, but good enough to make a girl swoon over me? Never.

She bites her lip, cheeks a dark red. She is unable to hide the fact that she is blushing. Taking this opportunity to tease her, I do so.

I quietly creep up to the overjoyed brunette, lifting my arms around hers. Quickly snatching the note, I snicker.

"Hmm, looks like Tori Vega's got a secret admirer, bet it's sinjin" I smirk, it seems impossible but her blushing intensified. "Give it back" she softly said, giving me playful yet daring eyes.

"Beg me" I demanded, my smirk only getting wider. Tori nodded a no before just walking away. Did she not care about the note?

Did my note really mean nothing to her?

I quickly chased her to the other end of the hall, shouting her name once. Pretty desperately of you, Jade.

"Yea jade?" She tilted her head as if she didn't know why I was coming back to her. Thankfully, her expectant expression could be read even with her passive body language.

"Are you just going to let me have the note?" I asked, anger almost titillating my words. "Yep" she was obviously trying to get under my skin at this point. She knew I wanted her to keep the note somehow and it was confusing.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath in and out before thinking that the next thing I'm gonna have to do is shove that note where nothing should ever be shoved. Eyes weren't even closed for five seconds, yet she; like the flash, snatched it and ran with the paper before I opened my eyes.

Trying to get over my amazement of the speedy girl, I walked to class, trying to forget about the way her face lit a dark red when she read the note. The bubbly feeling inside of my stomach intensified, creating a swell of anxiety to course through my veins.

Nobody knew, and nobody can find out about the notes I leave her every morning. Sometimes I differ when I give it to her because anybody could catch me.

That's what I was scared of. The only thing in this world that truly scares me.

If my boyfriend, Beck, knew I was writing love notes of poetry to Tori, he would break up with me in a hot second.

I could never deal with that, Beck has always been there for me, he loved me when most didn't and I know it would break both him and me if he found out.

I know for a fact he is homophobic because when we saw a cute couple of middle aged men holding hands at the park; it wasn't even in a "sexual" way, he started to yell at them, telling them to go to hell.

I was scared of him at that moment, and I've been giving Tori letters since two weeks ago. Everybody in our group knows Tori gets letters and she's had a few spies come to her locker so she could see who it is.

I change the time I give the notes because I'm not stupid like most people.

Cough cough Robbie cough*

As third period draws near, I start to feel a pool of suspense as the clock ticks. It's like the time is teasing me, tempting me to just run to Sikowitz's class right now.

As I lose myself in thought, I hardly notice the bell and the sound of annoying teenagers leaving the class.

Fuck

I mentally beat myself up for being deaf, then walk to acting class.

I sit next to Beck, smiling at him. He smiles back and wraps his arm around me. I feel momentarily uncomfortable, scratch that, I'm very uncomfortable until the infamous Victoria Vega walks into the classroom and distracts me.

I almost lose my facade, I almost smile at her.

But I catch myself before I do so, looking at the brunette with a glare instead of a smile.

"Babe" Beck starts, I jump in surprise, forgetting he was even there. I grunt in response, looking up at the handsome man I am in the arms of.

"What do you think this class will be about?" Beck asked. "Most likely some stupid acting exercise" I roll my eyes, chuckling a little. "I mean, it is acting class" Beck said in a way that made me want to punch his face in.

"I fucking know it's an acting class! Do you think I'm stupid?" I yell, causing people to look our way, including Tori, Andre, Robbie, And Cat. Some shruggers looked too but quickly looked away, minding their own business.

"Calm down babe!" Beck said just above a whisper. "Stop telling me what to do!" I yell back, wanting to bash his head in for some reason.

"Please calm down" Beck said again, obviously wanting me to stop causing a scene. I flared my nostrils and before I knew what I was doing, I had slapped Beck across the face.

"Jade I'm sick of this! I'm sick of you doing this!" I could see his eyes glass up. I instantly felt bad, but at the same time I didn't really care. My feelings went numb as Beck started to go at me.

Beck stood up, cussing me out with words I'm sure most haven't even heard. "I'm sorry that I can't be the girl of your dreams, oh Beck the great!" I said sarcastically, picking up my bag.

Beck came close, I almost fell back as his face was inches from mine. "Jadaline West, do you know what you are?" Beck questioned, I could feel the anger and tire in his voice. Anger couldn't help but further fuel my rage as he called me by my government name.

I stayed silent with anger, I didn't want to screw up anymore than I already did.

"You are a conniving, evil, bitch. I hope it doesn't take long for you to realize that no matter what you do, everyone will hate you, including me. I'm tired and I'm done... we're done." Beck seethed.

I didn't want to look at him anymore, so I ran, I ran out of the school crying into my now mascara stained bag. Just as I got out to the parking lot, Beck came behind me.

"Jade!" He said out of breath, running to me. "Jade I'm sorr-"

Just like that,

A part of me died.

Beck was unconscious, he had been ran over by

Sgrodis?

"Ha! We have you now buddy!" He smiled, I ran back inside the school in a panic.

Suddenly, my alarm clock went off. I was awake.