𝗧 𝗪 𝗘 𝗡 𝗧 𝗬 - 𝗘 𝗜 𝗚 𝗛 𝗧

-𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐬 & 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐁𝐞𝗴𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝗴𝐬-

     LETTING THE WORDS (y/n) HAD
said sink in as she looked around the crowd of people, she felt a dryness in her throat begin to creep in.

       Sure, being immune to whatever fucking virus that plagued the world was a one in a billion chance, and she should feel quite special she was, or else that bite would have been game over.

       Instead, the newly discovered truth left a heavy weight on her shoulders as she looked up at (y/n), "I-I'm what?".

        "Your immune, Taylor. Your quite the special girl." (y/n) smiled, helping the young girl up off the pavement.

        Noting her silence, (y/n) continued, "I know this must be quite the news to you; and most definitely overwhelming, so why don't you take it easy with some of your friends?".

       Cocking an eyebrow, Taylor replied, "Friends?".

The crowd split in half in the middle to make way for someone, and the person she saw made all the air in her lungs completely leave her, "M-Merle!?".

"Well hey there darlin'. What're ya' standin' there for? Give ol' Merle a hug." He chuckled.

Tears pricking in her eyes, she rushed up to Merle, wrapping her arms around him for a tight hug, "I-I thought you were dead! We went back for you in Atlanta. But...".

"Hey, it's alri', darlin'. I'm here now." He said, hugging her back.

"Me and my men found Merle on the side of the road, bleeding out. We brought him back here and saved him." The governor explained.

"Thank you so much. I-I...I really thought Merle was gone forever." She thanked him, wiping her eyes.

"Holy shit, Taylor!?" She heard a familiar voice say, turning to see Ellie, Joel's eldest daughter.

"Oh my god, Ellie!" She ran up to the young girl, bringing her into an embrace as she hugged her back.

"God, I haven't seen you in forever. Your so much older now!" Ellie chuckled.

"Well, were both fourteen now, and we were forced to grow up for the shit-show world." Taylor smirked.

"When me an' dad heard you were nearby, we stopped here to find you. Where's Daryl; Merle said you were with him." Ellie asked.