Let Her Go

Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
Just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while

18 year old Lauren Jauregui was walking down the hallway when she heard the soft tune of the piano and someone singing. Curious, she followed the music. The music grew louder as she grew closer to the source.

You can never say never
While we don't know when
But time and time again
Younger now than we were before

Lauren stood outside the door, which was slightly opened as she listened to the beautiful singing voice of the girl inside the room.

Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Don't let me go

Lauren was mesmerized by her singing voice. It was so unique and different. Her ad libs and runs were perfect and Lauren was captivated.

We're falling apart and coming together again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together, pull it together, together again

Her voice carried so much passion and emotional. She almost sounded broken. Lauren felt her heart ache as she listened on.

Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Don't let me go

Don't let me go
Don't let me go
Don't let me go

Lauren listened on. Many times she caught herself wanting to rush into the room and just hug the pain away. Lauren frowned when she heard silence. She slowly opened the door to find that it was empty. Lauren blinked in confusion before walking out of the room.

As she turned to walk down the hallway, she bumped into a brunette. Lauren apologized as she moved back. She heard a mumble from the brunette before she brushed passed her. Lauren watched as the brunette walked away in a hurry. She just shrugged it off as she continued her journey to her locker.

~

Lauren entered the combination before she opened the metal container. She took out a few books and held them in her hands when her best friend, Normani Kordei, walked towards her.

"Hey Lolo," Normani greeted happily.

"Hey," Lauren said with a light chuckle.

"So, wanna chill at my place after school?"

"I can't. I have tons of homework to do," Lauren said as she shut the locker door, "Plus Ally's coming over," she said.

"Really? In that case, can I come over? I miss that little Latina," Normani said.

Lauren chuckled, "Sure, Mani."

~

Lauren and Normani walked out of the school building when Lauren heard the same voice from the music room. Lauren looked around before her eyes landed on the petite brunette. She had her earbuds in and was singing 'Give Me Love' by Ed Sheeran. Lauren still couldn't see her face because her back was facing her. Lauren wanted to approach her, get to know her but just as she was about to, she heard Normani call out to her.

~

"Hey, you okay?" Normani asked as she nudged Lauren with her elbow. Lauren gave her a small smile as she nodded. Not long after, there was a knock on the door. Lauren got up and answered it.

"Hey Ally," Lauren greeted with a warm smile as she hugged the older girl. Ally Brooke was Lauren and Normani's best friend from Texas. The three met when Ally came to Miami for the summer and they instantly clicked.