Hard times and harder emotions

I was never one to take anything for granted. I've always loved my life and everything in it.

My mother was an impeccable woman filled with her own flaws and admirable points. But it never bothered me, heck I loved her more for it. My dad was always a kind man. I'm pretty much their only child, so of course they spoiled me rotten. After school activities, sports, music lessons. That's not to say I didn't work for anything myself.

School wasn't hard, so getting a job was pretty easy to manage on top of it all. The perfect life. Waking up early morning to get on the bus, joining my friends, after school sports, then job. Everything was fine. Until it wasn't.

{ Cole's POV }
* BEEP *
" shut up"
* BEEP *
" quiet"
*BEEP*
" SHUT UP ALREADY"
I slammed my alarm clock off and turned in my sheets once again. I didn't feel feel like waking up just yet. I was still mentally unprepared for what was to come.
________
/7:48 Am/
I told myself I'd only fall asleep for another 5min but that 5 became 15 pretty quickly. And as tired as I was I still had to get up.

My room was a mess and so was the person living in it. My clothes were scattered on the ground and there was cups stacked up on my bedside table.

All my photos had been thrown and scattered across the room thanks to a fit I threw a day ago and forgot to pick up. The only one left intact was the one of me and my mother layed next to my pillow.

My room wasn't small but it wasn't big either. The walls were painted blue from childhood. I never thought to get rid of it.

I walked out of my room and into the shower taking off my shirt and clothes but keeping my bracelet on. I wasn't super buff but had a somewhat built lean look. My skin was usually tan thanks to my liking of the outdoors, but recently it wasn't as dark as usual. My hair was somewhat long thanks to my depressive state. It was a nice brown shade, nothing crazy. My eyes are practically the only interesting thing about me. I loved that about myself. Because it was something she gave me. Her green. I could always see my mother threw them. It's a part of her that was reflected threw me.

I got in the shower feeling muggy from the damp air in my room. After collecting my things and heading downstairs I saw my dad sitting on the table. He's usually the one who cooks in the morning but hasn't done it since he noticed; he only had 2 plates to cook for.

CO: " I'm headed to school"

DA: " mhmm" No emotion like always now.

Grabbing my bag I headed out the door to the familiar stop sign outside my house. We lived in a pretty decent house in a pretty nice neighbourhood. Apparently my parents bought the house a few years before I was born. We lived in a pretty grey region of the place, occasionally raining. It was just one of those days too.

Waiting at the stop sign, I hop on my bus. Thankful that no one in my grade or that I knew was there I took a seat at the back. We were mid may and the weather wouldn't let up. We got to school quickly, not slow enough in my opinion, and I got off heading to the back entrance. Hoping that I didn't have to run into anyone yet I kept my head low and kept walking. Unfortunately for me, I ran in to my close friend Amber just I was opening the door.

AM: " Cole? COLE! Is that you!?" She came running over in her plade pants and coffee colour blazer. She had a white long sleeve underneath and a pair of black glasses. Amber was pretty tall and wore doc Martin's EVERY day. I don't think I've ever seen her wear another pair of shoes. She had brown skin and long curly hair. She always complained about her frizz but honestly, I think it suited her well. She was always the bright and Cherie type. But right now I could just go for some peace.

I stopped in my tracks reluctantly closing the door that I had once considered my escape. The school was pretty large in size and a door like this would be crowded in a few minutes. Hastily I walked over to amber meeting her half way and getting out of view from the students that would be swarming the thing.