red

just like every other day, george sits in the damp grass in front of pandoras vault, wrapped in his old mantle.

he knows he's not in there, but he's tried to look everywhere, every spot he knows dream liked to be. spots only they knew about.

but, dream was no where to be found.

so again, he finds himself in front of the prison, reminding himself of the sirens, the shock, of sapnap rushing around to gather his weapons, getting ready to hunt down his own friend

george tried to stop him, he really did, but no matter how hard he yelled and cried for him to stay;

nothing worked.

and sapnap left, fully armed.

he came home after a few days, without a single lead to where dream might be.

so here he is, sitting in front of the vault, praying dream is safe.

george tuns his head to the side to spot a few small mushrooms, he goes over to inspect them but is interrupted by the sound of shoes on stone, he looks up and catches the eyes of the warden.

"sam? what are you doing here?" george asks, standing up and abandoning the pair of small red mushrooms, making sure to remember to look at it later.

"george! i- i was just. wha- why are you here?" he stutters back, distressed.

"i umm, i- i can't find him, anywhere." eyes slightly watering but not enough to drop a tear.

"-and neither can sap so i sit here, to try and distract myself. i take care of the mushrooms, to talk to him like i did when he was in there,, basically i'm just, talking to thin air" george points at the prison weakly.

"yeah i've seen you out here a few times, always wondered why you wouldn't come in to see him" sam talks carefully, as not to break the weak soul he speaks the words out to.

"i thought he didn't want to see me, or i was scared that he'd forgotten about me.

...just like karl did." georges breath shakes.

sam is quiet for a few moments, thinking of his next words.

"he asked for you to visit a few times in the beginning, i asked tommy to look for you and ask you to come but every time he came back, he told me he couldn't find you" sam sighs and takes a careful step closer.

"yeah i used to hide in the woods at the beginning, fell asleep there a few times" george turns his head a little, quickly turning back.

"i miss him, sam." one of georges tears drops and he quickly stops the rest of them with the side of his mantle. weakly chuckling.

"he still asks about you,, he asks me every day how you're doing... he doesn't ask for you to visit though, i think he's accepted that you won't" the taller man sighs and tries to search for deep brown eyes that are pointed to the blades of green at their feet.

"so, he still cares?" george slowly lurks his head up.

"i think we all know that he did the things he did to try and protect you, so yes, of course he does, i mean he asked about you this morning, just like ev-" sam cuts himself off when he knows he has fucked up.

"th- this morning?" questions visibly run though george's mind.

dream escaped the prison over 2 weeks ago.

"fuck" sam said under his breath

"so he's still in there? and everyone is looking for him, but he's still just right there.." george looks at the big dark building.