Encounter

{ Cole's POV }
I woke up to loud thumping. My body was still groggy and I could feel the blanket dragging off the bed thanks to my legs. I heard a lot of people shuffle and whisper close to my door, but nothing distinct. Checking my phone the time Read 4:25 AM. Why was someone up THIS early? Slowly getting up, I planted my feet on the floor reluctantly. My hair was definitely a mess. I approached my door twisting the black iron handle, only to keep the door open slightly. I didn't want anyone to hear or see me.

There was a large man standing with his back facing me. He was tall and his shoulders were broad. From what I could understand he had a short cut hairstyle, pitch black hair. The kind that looked dark even in the bright yellow lights. His arm had a noticeable tattoo running up his pale arm. He was light in skin tone, pretty fair with visibly smooth skin. He was wearing black and white army apparel, that of a commander. The standard white top and black bottoms, with the exception of a bracelet..?His slender fingers held the door as if he was about to push it open.

???" See you tomorrow" his head nodded, and I panicked fumbling on the door a little.

His back muscles tensed and his head swiftly moved to my location. Panicking I slammed the door shut locking it.

All I could hear was silence. Until more footsteps heading in my direction. I stayed as still and as quiet as I possibly could.

The doorknob shook and my breathing got heavier. I clenched my hands are kind my mouth tighter hoping I didn't already get myself into trouble. After a few moments the noise stopped and I heard a low voice.

???: " Must have been the wind" the door separated me from him but even threw a door, I could tell. His voice was commanding.

I decided since it was already this early, and I'd probably already be needing to wake up anyway. I headed outside to explore a bit more. I had a portable watch on my hand so time really wasn't an issue. Getting into something more casual and comfortable, I took the keys and headed out.

Locking the door, I noticed a slight hole in the carpet. "Just in case" I thought to myself removing one of the keys and hiding it underneath the corner of the rug where the hole was. Placing the other key in my pocket. I headed out of the door quietly. There was a key pad with a code on it. I already knew what it was so I didn't really think much of it.

After letting my curiosity get the better of me, I headed towards the woods. Not that I wanted to leave. But that I just wanted to know more of what was hiding inside of it.

Right behind the tracks of the course, I could see a small obscure path in the distance. Heading towards it, I found myself going further in to the forest. There were small stone steps and little indications. Until I finally hit the a lake. It was huge lake, with a doc positioned to the side. The sun hadn't risen yet and the moon still shone above it, making the water seem even more bright then what it typically was. I stayed there for a while. It was peaceful, no one really came around here. Nothing was kept or maintained really. The water was clearly too cool to dive in to or really feel, but it felt nice to watch. I bet they'd have massive storms. Not that it would be of any concern because the site was on a hill. But still.

Checking my watch again and reading the time I headed back. It was a little past 5:30 and I wanted to make it back before 6 to join the others.

Making it back earlier than expected I looked around some more.

Exploring more of the grounds I found a few cool places and hangout spots to casually stay in. I even managed to meet a few people I couldn't yesterday. They were early birds who just wanted to get the day started already.

We all hung out by a bench area and they filled me in.

MASON: " you didn't miss much, just the introduction, and games" Mason was a tall slender guy. He rocked blue hair and a large amount of black rings and accessories. Although the blue was vibrant, you could see his dark brown almost black, roots seeping threw the top. His jaw was well shaped and his eyes slender yet striking. He had a very direct and cold personality. Not mean, just liked to keep to himself. He wasn't the type to over boast or make a scene, but the type to speak when needed so his words held more meaning.