TWENTY ONE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

My mind wandered in ways that I wished it didn't, Kassian consumed so much of my mind that I ended up with severe headaches most nights

My mind wandered in ways that I wished it didn't, Kassian consumed so much of my mind that I ended up with severe headaches most nights. To the point where I wanted to scream as loud as I could, hoping that somehow my brain would explode and this would all end.

In the back of my mind, I still thought about what happened when Kassian and I pressed our chests together, maybe I imagined what I thought. Desperate for some kind of companionship no matter how rough the curse made me feel.

Every night I'd attempt to read the book that Ripley had given me, the Moon Goddess and the adventures of finding your mate. To be honest, it was all full of shit. Or maybe I was just jealous, but regardless it sounded like shit. Even the Moon Goddess couldn't push past the curse and she's meant to be the most powerful kind.

Maybe she hates me too, she's up there thinking... 'This bitch doesn't deserve a mate, she deserves pain and torture.'

I groan to myself and roll over in bed, rubbing my eyes and trying to force myself to think of anything else but this. Anything to help me sleep rather than overworking my brain.

Deep in the pit of my stomach I could feel my heat rise up again, remembering it was that time of the month coming up. Forcing myself to breathe so I could try and get it under control.

The morning rolled around far too slowly, I couldn't even remember a time that I fell asleep but as the sun peeks through the gap in my curtains. I knew that I needed to get up otherwise I'd fuel my curse and I'd be a ball of fury all day.

Dressing myself into the nearest clothes I could find and then taking myself downstairs, not already expecting the pack to be in the kitchen. Chattering amongst themselves. My eyebrows furrow towards the large crowd as I push my way through to Hope who was stood by the kettle.

"What's going on?" I grumble out as her eyes turn towards me.

"Cleo," she smiles brightly. "We're training early. Kassian is getting everyone up, directing us for the attack on Pandora."

"Oh joys," I say sarcastically.

Hope nudges my side at my tone and I roll my eyes.

"Listen up," Kassian's loud voice booms through the kitchen as the chatter stops instantly. "We're training today, non-stop. I expect nothing but the best, no giving up, no slacking. Do I make myself clear?"

My heart pants at the determination in his voice, doing absolutely nothing for my upcoming heat. I let out a silent breath and pull at the hem of my t-shirt lightly.

"Clear," the pack shouted back after him.

"Follow me." He instructs before the pack follows him out into the garden and through the trees.