Chapter 16

"lucia dresses and missed breakfasts."

Lucia

Lucia.

One of Hillershka's traditions, and this year the chosen one was Felice.

Everyone had to wear white to the ceremony, which put Isobelle in a difficult position as she had not brought any white dresses with her for the occasion.

Luckily, she was looking in her wardrobe while Frederic was lying on her bed reading, when the headmistress came into her room to deliver a package to her.

The package had been sent by her mother, with a small note explaining that it was a dress for her to wear that night at lucia.

My dear Isobelle,

I hope you like the dress I had made for you for Lucia, have a lovely evening and don't forget your manners, people talk.

Love,
Mom.

Frederic read while Isobelle opened the packaging eagerly.

"Your mom is a bit too worried about what other people say." He commented.

"Well, when you are the Queen, appearances are really important." She muttered in a rather annoyed tone. She didn't appreciate her mother always reminding her how her every move was being followed by the public eye.

But her mode changed immediately after she was the dress, it was made with a beautiful creamy white silk fabric and it reached a bit above her knees. It had small flower details in the end that slowly faded as it went up, with two thin straps and a v cut in the front, while the back was mostly open. Of course in the box was a scarf to put around so as to not show that much skin —which made sense because her mother would never send a dress like that without something to cover up with— but overall, the dress was beautiful.

"Oh I love it!" She exclaimed happily, making Frederic smile. "Do you know what you are going to wear tonight?" She then asked him.

Frederic groaned in response, he wasn't exactly a fan of having to dress up all in white just for some school tradition

"I was hoping I could skip Lucia this year, but seeing that you do have something to wear now, and that I'm not giving Walter and the rest of August's friends the chance to drool over you and try and make a move... I have no chance but to go." He faked a smile and his girlfriend just rolled her eyes at him.

"Look at the bright side..." She trailed off, leaving the dress on the box again and walking over to the boy and standing in front of him. She placed her hands on his shoulders and looked at him with puppy eyes. "You get to show me off."

Frederic laughed at her words, wrapping his armas around her waist and pulling her closer. Isobelle placed both her legs at the sides of his, and sat on his lap.