chapter one: no answer

Notes: please read before starting the fanfic, thank you <3
Hi everyone, first of all thank you for even clicking onto this fanfic I appreciate it a lot <3. Secondly, I just want to clarify a few things so that it's clearer for you before you get started:

a. I'm not claiming any rights to/that I created or own the characters themselves, places or phrases, ect. They all belong to the amazing Leigh Bardugo, all rights to her :))

b. This is a modern au of the grishaverse where all the crows are in college so they're all about 17/18 and they live in apartments/dorms or whatever you want to call them. As it's modern it's very different to the usual grishaverse but the characters are the same and have pretty much the same personalities, character traits and looks :)

c. Relationship statuses in this fic:
-wylan and jesper are together because wesper for life lol. before this they had been friends (with crushes on each other duh) for about 3 years (ignore how wrong the timescales are because a lot of things in this are different lol) and then up to present day they have been bfs for almost a year (altogether they've known eachother for almost 4 years). They have an apartment/dorm together in college and yeah that's basically it for them:).

-Nina and Matthias have known each other for about 5 years and have been together for 4 and a half (got together very fast ;) ) and they share an apartment/dorm too.

-Inej and kaz are obviously complicated but in this they aren't together (yet;) ) but they like each other a lot and have done for about 3 years they just won't admit it oop. They live in separate apartments but Inej has a roommate (idk who yet maybe alina or someone like that). Kaz does not because he doesn't want someone in his personal space.

d. something smaller but wylan's dyslexia is still included in this, I didn't want to erase something like that (and it becomes important to the storyline later on because van eck is a bitch but yeah ) anyway I'm just saying this so that it isn't forgotten and also because you might be confused how he reads the texts he gets or how he sends them, so basically imagine his phone has a text-to-speach feature and in reverse a speach-to-text feature. I might mention this a few more times so you don't forget :))

e. Idk if anyone wants/needs TWs for anything but there will be swearing, mentions of dyslexia (and in some not nice ways from v*n e*k sorry), and some abuse too. Some of it will be depressing especially if Wylan is your favourite crow (like me- idk why I do this to myself) but that's basically everything.

f. All crows are included in this, and later on I'll slowly start to introduce the rest of the grishaverse characters too. The fic is mainly wesper focused, but does have helnik and kanej on the sidelines so there's a bit for everyone.

If I forgot to mention anything I'll let you know later on, and with enjoy the fic <3

Jesper's POV

Jesper knocked on his apartment door with his elbow, his hands full of shopping bags from his trip to the store 20 minutes ago. He stood there for a minute, tapping his foot and sighing. No one answered the door. Strange.

Jesper's long arms started to strain with the weight of the 6 bags he had been holding for 10 minutes up what had felt like a million flights of stairs, so he knocked again with his elbow and shouted, "Wylan, open the damn door my hands are full." No response came yet again. Jesper sighed in frustration.