After Defense Against the Dark Arts

Harry Potter leaving the defense against the dark arts class where he'd learned more in an hour than he had in three previous years at Hogwarts had a lot of thinking to do. Professor Moody had not been fired or hauled off to Azkaban after using the three unforgivable curses. 

"Harry what's wrong" questioned Hermoine?

"I have a lot to think about. This class has shown me a few things and my scar hurts. I don't know what to do. I'm going to talk to Moaning Myrtle about this. I don't want anyone else to be there. I'll talk to you and Ron at dinner," replied Harry.

Harry watched as Ron and Hermoine left to go off to their free period. A moment later he walked to the stair case up to the fifth floor where Myrtle's bathroom was. He needed time to think. 

Only one person has been know to live from the killing curse, and no one thought to tell me it was me until today. I have the right to know how I got this scar and what happened to my parents. It's bad enough that my aunt and uncle told me my parents died in a car crash for the first eleven years of my life. And it feels like Dumbeldore and Mcgonagall are hiding something from me. Harry thought as he walked to the bathroom. 

After a few moments Harry entered the bathroom where in his second year he, Ron and Hermoine had made polyjuice potion to see if Malfoy was the heir of Slytherin. 

In his first and second year Harry had killed proffessor Quirell and the basilisk in self defense. In his third year he had spared the life of Peter Pettigrew the man that had led to his parents being killed. 

Harry took a seat on the floor in front of the entrance to the chamber of secrets, he didn't feel like hiding there now. But if Myrtle could did not offer him any help he would not hesitate to reopen it and hide for a day of two. 

***********************************************************************************************

A few hours had passed and Harry was angry. The anger was at the Dursleys, at Dumbeldore, at Pettigrew, at his parents for trusting the wrong person. He was not mad at Lord Voldemort. Voldemort may have cast the killing curses that took both of his parents, but his parents had trusted the wrong people. Pettigrew betrayed them by giving the secret to the dark lord. Dumbeldore had not told them that the fidelius charm would have allowed one of them to be the secret keeped. And the three of them could have stayed safe until Dumbeldore figured out how to defeat the dark lord. And he was especially angry with Dumbeldore for allowing a teacher to try to kill him, a giant snake to nearly kill his best friend, and his godfather to nearly lose his soul. But most of all Harry was angry that Dumbeldore allowed Snape to treat him worse than the Durselys. 

Harry stood up and said "Myrtle, I asked you before if it hurts to die. And you were not happy about that. But I need to know does it hurt to die. And is it painless if you use the killing curse."

"Harry, another young man asked me things like this years ago," replied Myrtle.

"It was Tom wasn't it?"

"It was he asked me after I had died. And it did hurt when I died, but if you use the killing curse to kill someone it should not hurt at all."

"You know it was Tom that killed you?"

"Was it really Tom Harry?"

"It was Tom that was the one the killed you, but it was Dumbeldore that allowed it to happen."

Without another word Harry left the bathroom and went to care of magical creatures with his friends Ron and Hermoine. Hargird was one of the few people here that actually treated him with respect. And after some reflection Harry realized that Dumbeldore was the reason Hagrid was not allowed to do magic and had been expelled from Hogwarts. 

Just like he was responsible for killing Myrtle Dumbeldore was responsible for the death of Harry's parents and he knew what he needed to do.

***********************************************************************************************

The next morning Harry woke up even angrier because his first class was potions. He didn't go to breakfast and instead showed up to potions a few minutes early. Snape did not see him. 

Harry pulled out his wand pointed it at Snape and said "Avada Kadavara," a green light shot from the end of his wand and struck Snape in the back. Snape fell forward and before he hit the ground he hit the blackboard he had today's potion recipe on. Some blood began to fall from his face as Snape fell to the ground dead. 

Harry left the room and met up with Ron and Hermoine in the great hall as Breakfast was ending.

"Harry where were you," asked Ron?

"I had to take care of some things in the owlery," replied Harry.

"Is Hedwig's wing any better," asked Hermoine?

"It is she will be fine by the end of the day."

A few moments later the three students walked into potions with the rest of the fourth year Gryfindors and Slytherins. Harry pretended to be as shocked as everyone else when they walked in to see the lifeless body of proffesor Snape. 

The blood coming out of his face made it look like he had bled out. There was no evidence of the killing curse. Everyone would expect it was an accident and no one would suspect Harry. No one except Tom Riddle who had seen what Harry had done with the part of him that lived inside Harry's scar.

********************************************************************************************8

There will be more of this later.