The Summoning

Eve could faintly hear her boyfriend and his friends low demonic chant as her mind began to drift in and out of consciousness. Blood was trickling out of her freshly slit wrists and onto the board she was tightly secured to, her wrists and ankles burned as the coarse rope cut deeper into her wounds, causing seering pain to ripple through her body. The blood had slowly began to fill the carved markings on the board, markings that possessed the ability to summon demons from the depths of hell. The flickering of the candles was the only form of light in the dimly lit room, she adjusted her eyes but could only make out shadowy figures as they chanted and danced around her.

Her mind felt heavy and jumbled as she tried to remember how she'd gotten herself into this situation. Rex, her boyfriend, had wooed her to this little cabin in the woods with the promise of a sweet romantic weekend for her 18th Birthday. They had driven up there together, through the winding roads and the beautiful scenery, both of them seemingly excited about what the evening would bring. They had pulled up to a beautiful little cottage out amongst the forrest, the closest people were at least 50 kilometres away. She had beamed at the thought of being in such a secluded spot with him.

Rex had her swooning for him as she sipped her glass of champagne, while sitting on the soft couch in front of the fire, her heart filled with love for him and only him. He had been nothing short of a perfect boyfriend to her for the past 6 months, always considering her needs and comfort, spoiling her beyond necessary. Any doubts she may have had about him in the beginning were completely gone, he had her completely under his spell and she was looking forward to a very intimate night with him.

Eve had chosen the perfect black dress, it hugged her curves in all the right places, her chocolate brown hair fell over her shoulders in soft luscious curls, her chocolate eyes sparkled brightly as she watched him closely. It was only when her mind became sluggish and her vision blurred that she knew something was terribly wrong. She had tried to stand up but her legs collapsed beneath her. Her last vision was of him moving towards her, a smug smile on his face, his friends - appearing as if from thin air, gathered around as well, as they watched her lose conciousness.

Now her life was slowly slipping away and there was nothing she could do to fight it. She prayed for death to come quickly, as tears dampened her cheeks, not sure that there was a God to even hear her silent pleas. Struggling against the restraints was futile as the rope tore futher into her skin and screaming had proven to be useless, who could hear her out there anyway, deep in the woods in an old secluded cabin. How had she been so stupid? How had she let him convince her to be with him after all those months of saying no? None of that mattered any more, nothing did.

The sound of the chanting came to an abrupt stop causing her eyes to flicker open. Towering over her was a giant beast, his blue skin glistening in the dim candle light. Her breath hitched as her eyes travelled over the demon, his goat like legs stood parted over her waist, his massive chest heaved up and down with each breath he took, the muscles in his arms rippled as he gripped his staff. The features of his face were set in a vicious scowl set off by his ridged horns.

He stalked forward, 'who dares to summon me?!' he roared, his voice rough, causing her body to flinch. The demon glared down at her, his nostrils flared, 'and with the blood of a non virgin.'

Her breath was baited as she waited for one of the boys to speak, this is what they had wanted, this was why they were sacrificing her life. Her ears strained to hear something, anything, the sound of scattered feet and the door screeching open reached her ears as the boys fled into the night, leaving her alone with the beast to die.

The beast threw his head backwards letting out a demonic laugh, 'Cowards' he yelled after them his voice filled with rage. Her heart beat furiously as she watched him jump down to the floor, his movements quick and precise. He turned to her, slowly reaching out and gently touching her arm, 'how they managed to summon me with the blood of a non virgin is beyond me,' his lips curled into a slight smile, 'you must be special.'

His hand grazed along the cuts on her wrists sending waves of pain through her already exhausted body, wincing in pain, too weak to put up a fight, too scared to try, his eyes met hers, calming her, 'you are going to be okay, they are coming now.'

Her eyes closed over, as she succumbed to the pain, blue and red lights flashed in the distance as her world turned black. Loud noises penetrated her conscience, people, people screaming, lights bright in her eyes, what where they doing? Didn't they know she was already dead?

Eve awoke a few days later in a hospital bed, they all told her how lucky she was. How lucky she was that she didn't loose too much blood, how lucky she was that they hadn't hit any nerves that could have caused her disabilities and how extremely lucky she was that they found her when they did. An anonymous call had saved her life that night and no one knew who had made it or how they had known where and when to find her.

Smiling, she wrapped her arms around herself, she was lucky, so lucky to be alive and she was going to make the most of the new life she had been given.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter x
Please don't forget to vote. Thank you