1

Hello! If you're choosing to read this, then thank you so much for this being your choice! This is my first published fandom fanfiction, and I'm sorry if it just turns into a cute (maybe), sappy romance story. This is also my first romance story, so sorry if it's bad. It'll be about three or four parts. If you would like more detail about it, it's basically Amy and Nox from Dorothy Must Die meeting in a more "normal" way. I just thought I would write something like @lifeofafandomatic did with their fanfiction. If you haven't read it, you should give it a try. I really liked it. If the original creator of the fanfiction i reading this, and you feel at all like I'm taking your idea/story, please private message me or send something to my inbox and I'll take it down.

I've rambled a lot, I know. Enjoy the first part! Let me know what you think!

I grabbed my library card, phone, and phone charger and headed out the door. I was never intrusive of Diane's activities, though I don't think she'd even really care. I went up to the rooftop library, and scrolled through articles on Google on my phone. This was one of my favorite places to be; it had fresh air, a closed in library so I could still feel like I'm outside, an outside area, and I was always left alone. I didn't really like being too social, or being interrupted when I'm doing something.

I had been outside for about ten minutes before it started pouring. I quickly collected my things and went inside the glass walls of the library. I was soaked, even though I hadn't been in the rain long. As I dried my phone off at one of the tables, I looked up to see someone at the opposite end. He looked up from his phone. He had jet black hair and smooth, olive skin. His eyes were pale grey, just like the sky outside. I'd seen him around before, but we never talked.

"The rain snuck up on you?" he asked, his voice low and gruff.

"Yeah. No thunder or anything, just like someone had turned on a hose."

"That sucks. I'm Nox, by the way."

"I'm Amy."

"What brought you out here today?"

"My roommate is doing things I don't want to be intrusive about. I feel like I don't even live there anymore. She's always doing something, and I give her privacy. I basically just keep my things there. I don't really like it, especially when she has parties every Saturday."

"Wow. Kind of a lot for a first conversation."

"Yeah, sorry."

"I have a spare room in my dorm if you need somewhere to stay. I don't have a roommate, so it's just empty space."

"Really? Thank you so much." He stood up, and I followed him to his dorm. I took off my sweatshirt so I didn't get everything wet. His dorm was nice; it had two rooms, a kitchen with nice counter tops, and a comfortable living room.

"How do you not have a roommate?" I asked, kind of surprised.

"I used to, but he moved to a bigger place. He offered to let me come, but I don't really need a bigger space."

"Makes sense."

"Yeah."

"Do you mind if I use your shower?" I asked after a few moments. "I probably smell like a wet dog."

"Go ahead." He grabbed the keys to his Bronco. "I'll be right back, I'm going to get pizza. Any preferences?"

"No, any is fine."

"Ok." After he went out the door, I went into his bathroom, shut the door, and turned on the water. I stripped my damp clothes and got in the shower. I let the warm water soak my short, pink hair. It felt nice, given that I was in freezing rain not too long ago. My clothes probably won't be dry by the time I get out, but oh well.