Part 1

Hello!!! This is my Halloween fic for 2021. I wrote this for an exchange hosted on ao3 and twitter, but I thought I'd go ahead and put it up here, too. It's about 10k words, and I'll be posting it in two parts.

CW: some blood/injury, mentioned kidnapping, guns, and stalker behavior.

*Despite the warnings, I swear a good majority of this is fluffy.*

.

Jung Wooyoung thought: This is wonderful.

The cabin stood tall and sleek—as sleek as wood could get—and in the early morning sun, snow frosted the edge of the roof like icing on a cake. Fairy lights hung in loops above the porch, and a pretty wreath made its mark at the door. Tall evergreen trees framed the cabin in the picturesque visual of a peaceful winter vacation.

It wasn't just wonderful. It was perfect. He glanced over and smiled up at San. Their cheeks were dotted rosy in the cold, both bundled in high winter fashion. A scarf hung over San's ears from when Wooyoung had jokingly looped it around his head. San didn't bother to fix it.

The interior was even better. It was warm. Cozy. It was a mix of lush browns and muted pigments. They walked in, elbows hooked together, into a wide open space. Couches and chairs circled around a rugged coffee table in the center of the room, and a gas fireplace was already hard at work to maintain the ambience. A pretty floral rug covered the floor to the side. An open doorway led off into the kitchen, which Wooyoung was incredibly excited to explore; Another to a bathroom, a storage room, and other areas specifically made for relaxing and forgetting life's worries. Stairs led up to a bedroom and bathroom on the second floor. Closet. Necessities. Their belongs made it there before them and sat waiting in the open living space.

Wooyoung hummed and closed his eyes, leaning against San's strong frame. "What do you think?"

"I think I already love it."

"Hmm, me too."

Before long, Wooyoung had a cup of coffee in his hands. He had slumped onto the largest couch, his jacket, scarf, and gloves discarded over the edge. He tried his best to ignore the weight in the lap and the eyes glaring bullet holes into the bottom of his mug. The last time San used him as a pillow, Wooyoung had accidentally spilt tea over his cheek. San didn't talk to him for three days after that, and to be honest, that was fair.

San obviously didn't learn his lesson, or maybe being with Wooyoung outweighed the risk of light burns. It had always been like that with them, anyway.

"How long do you think the peace will last?" Wooyoung muttered. He set the mug safely on the table to his side, admiring San's features. He was pretty like this, and too domestic and tempting for Wooyoung's crush to properly hide away like usual. San's eyes were lidded, and his lips quirked up just enough for his dimples to peak through. Dark hair fanned over Wooyoung's legs, and he vaguely remembered San asking him to cut it sometime soon.

"Knowing us, not that long." San snuggled closer, gaze glinting with something mischievous. "But hopefully until March."

San's plan was insane. Well. Not exactly, but to someone like Wooyoung, who thrived on chaos and external stimulation, a four-month vacation to literally nowhere was unheard of in his world. But San needed it. And spending all that time utterly alone was enough to drive anyone mad.

In the end, it only took one line to convince him to go.

There's no one I'd rather spend it with.

Four months with San. They were only on day one, and Wooyoung had already almost given himself away to kiss the smile off of San's lips.

San's smiles were always practiced and easy for him to fall into, and it had been so long since Wooyoung had seen them so carefree.