𝗧 𝗪 𝗘 𝗡 𝗧 𝗬 - 𝗡 𝗜 𝗡 𝗘

-𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐓𝐨 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐲'𝐬-

     COCKING AN EYEBROW, TAYLOR
looked up at the sign hanging above the doorway that led into the small brick building off the streets of Woodbury.

        "Gabby's cafe..." She mumbled, reading over the words before peering through the glass windows into the interior.

        It looked as if highschooler's fantasizes of ivy-covered wall cafes came to life.

        "Go on inside, darlin'. I'll be there in jus' a sec." Merle smiled, gesturing for her to head inside as he pulled out his walkie-talkie.

        She thought back to Clementine's with all the cute stickers thet covered her's, hoping her and the others were okay.

        "Alright." She replied, walking inside before sitting down at one of the circular tables that sat by the windows.

She watched as he kicked it to life and spoked into it before putting it away and walking inside, joining her at the polished wooden table.

"...Darlin'...what day's yer birthday again?" He asked her as a woman walked up to the two and sat down two paper menus for them before walking back to the kitchen.

"Oh, um...March sixth. Why?" She asked, her eyes skimming over the menu.

"That was seven months ago today; holy shit, Taylor. Your fourteen!?" He asked.

"Oh, I completely forgot about my birthday. You lose your sense of time in the apocalypse. Yeah, I'm fourteen. Me and Daryl did a little celebration." She explained.

Chuckling, he replied, "Well, why don' you tell me 'bout it while we wait for yer surprise, huh?".

Giggling, she nodded, "Alright.".

-Flashback-

"Oh come on, you seriously didn't have one girlfriend in high school?" Taylor asked, following Daryl through the woods, the thick, oak wood trees towering above them.

"Seriously. Was never the romantic type." He chuckled, helping her over a large root sticking out of the forest floor.

"Mh...Well, I have a feeling were getting close to my surprise, so I'm gonna start guessing." She giggled, earning a sarcastic laugh from him.

Looking back at her, he replied, "So yer gonna guess yer surprise now an' ruin it?".

Puffing her cheeks, she argued, "It's not ruining it. Just figuring out what it is.".