New Beginnings

Staring at myself in the mirror, I notice how scared I look. Fixing my school skirt I realize the time and grab my satchel stuffing random books into it, hoping that I haven't forgotten anything. I run downstairs and out of the front door to find my mum already sitting in the car with the engine running. She gives me a nervous smile as I climb into the passenger seat. The leather seats burn my legs as we start to get closer to my new school. My stomach churns with nerves as we turn into the school parking lot. I turn to face my mum who already has tears in her bloodshot eyes, "Oh my god mum, you need to chill! Honestly I'll be fine." I say hugging her tightly. She just nods her head and puts on her sunglasses. 

Students rushing everywhere. My heart starts to beat really fast as I walk up the steps to the front door. My shoes squeak against the floor in the empty corridor leading up to the headmaster's office. Opening the door I walk straight into a tall, skinny figure. I bring my face up to meet his. Piercing blue eyes burning deeply into mine. He drags his hand through his messy blonde quiff and bites his lip. "Take a picture. It lasts longer." he grunts and brushes past me. What the hell is his problem? I shake my head and walk up to the desk to find a sheet of paper with my name and classes on it. "First period double Spanish" I murmur to myself, happy that my favourite subject is first on a Monday. I find my class just in time and I'm greeted with a warm smile from the teacher, "Adriana it's lovely to meet you! Why don't you take the seat up there in the back corner?". Looking up to my new seat I notice my new partner is the blonde quiff I bumped into earlier. 

Rolling my eyes, I lower myself onto my seat and take out my books. I can feel him staring at me but I decide not to give him any satisfaction and focus on the teacher. "You never apologized for bumping into me earlier." he smirked. Still ignoring him, I take down notes in my jotter. "Aren't you at least going to introduce yourself? I've always found British girls very intriguing." he says in a hushed voice. I turn my face to his. His pale skin contrasting against his black jumper and skinny jeans. "I'm Adriana. And for the record you walked into me." Playing with his lip ring he studies my lips. "He may have a dickish personality, but I have to admit he's quite sexy." I think to myself. Fuck, I think he's noticed me. "Nice to meet you Adriana." A huge smile begins to spread across his face. "My name is Luke Hemmings."