Meeting

It had taken a while, but nine years after Thrawn had disappeared they had finally found him. Him and a whole imperial remnant, her and Sabine definitely had their work cut out for them.

They had begun setting up their plan, Ahsoka was supposed to be a distraction. Sabine was supposed to find out where Ezra was. It would have worked perfectly, it had worked perfectly. Until they showed up, the Inquisitor. Perhaps the last disciple of Lord Vader there was, and one of his best.

They had retreated shortly after, not sure what to do. That Inquisitor had been the best she had encountered. And oddly familiar, the first time Ahsoka had felt this way about the Inquisitor she had brushed it off.

However the second time she was struck with the same feeling she was confused. She had never known an Inquisitor personally, why would she recognize one? She also brushed it off after a while, not knowing what to do.

The third time was when she had heard her talk the first time, an accent was there. A very familiar one, from her past. Once again she couldn't identify it, the helmet warped her voice too much. It left only the barest traits of the original voice.

Ahsoka had spent nights trying to pinpoint the voice, yet she never could. And when she looked into the Force it was as if a thin veil separated the answer and herself. Who was the First Sister?

She remained in the dark on the answer for months, until the day came when the First Sister's helmet was knocked off. They had battled fiercely, the double red blades of the First Sister and her own duel whites clashed fiercely. In the midst her hood had slipped off, the one that had kept herself safely anonymous when traveling the galaxy for twenty seven years.

Her foe had frozen, only for a split second but that was enough time for Ahsoka to take advantage of. Quicker than a podracer she had thrown herself at the Inquisitor. Slashing at her black mask, desperate to see who was beneath it.

After she had found out, she had wished that their identities had remained safely anonymous. Ahsoka wondered if her actions would have been the same towards the First Sister if she had been quick enough to block her mad attack. She would never have to know the woman she was fighting.

When she had fallen to the ground after her mad lunge she had stayed there for only a moment. That moment was enough to hear the distorted gasping of the woman behind her. That moment was enough to recognize her.

Ahsoka's head had spun around, and turned to look at the woman behind her. Pale green skin and a thin sheet of black hair was what greeted her. The familiar diamond shaped tattoos across her nose and cheeks. The unfamiliar ones that branched out on her forehead. A triangle of squares with one branching out from either side. There was also a triangle like shape at the top that connected to a diamond. Her strikingly dark blue eyes.

She would have recognized that face if she were blind. It was the face of her friend, of her betrayer, and of her now enemy. Barriss Offee, member of the Jedi order turned Inquisitor. She didn't know why she hadn't thought of it before. Barriss had been sitting there in a cell when the Empire rose to power. The perfect Inquisitor, someone who would kill Jedi gladly. She was most likely, quite literally the First Sister, the first Inquisitor.

Barriss finally looked up, uncertainty showing in her blue eyes. "Ahsoka?" She whispered in the most timid uncertain voice. So different from when Anakin spoke it years ago.

"Barriss." She said, making her voice as cold and even as possible. She would not betray her true feelings in this encounter, she couldn't afford to. Not like how she had last time let her guard down with Barriss. Not like before she had betrayed her.

"You're-you're alive?" Her voice lilting upwards, her accent becoming a bit more prominent. A bit more similar to who she had used to know. She wondered if there was a scrap of the Barriss she had once known left.