ΩMEGAS

Prologue
It had been three weeks since the outbreak had killed half of the human population and now the dead that were just lying, waiting to be burned or buried started getting up. At first people thought it was a miracle that their loved ones were coming back to them. Then when they went in for a hug, their faces were eaten off. Only then did people start being concerned.
At first the government was able to quarantine the undead. Then the zombies started to evolve. They became smarter. They became stronger. They physically changed too. Some grew in size. Some grew wings. Some gained the ability to breathe underwater. Some developed into leaders. That is when the government lost control it collapsed. After the undead broke free of their captors, they moved on to the rest of the world. And they are still evolving.
Some people have tried to fight back. They have put out valiant efforts but to prevail. In some cases the zombies have been known to pick up the weapons of the resistances and use them against the still alive humans. Let's just say that the humans are not so alive anymore, and there are a lot of new zombies that look like Swiss cheese. It seems that soon the dead will be more evolved than the alive.
A Select few people in the world were immune to this "disease" and are avoided by these "zombies". These people do not know who they are, yet. They do not know it yet, but they are the future of the human race. These people are referred to as ΩMEGAS.