Chapter 1: Haddonfield

October was always my favorite time of the year but this Halloween season was going to change my life forever.

"All finished, now we just have to set up everything in the house." My boyfriend David said, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"Ugh I'm to tired, can't we just do it some other time?" I complained.

It was almost nighttime and we have been working all day to bring in stuff to our new house. Unfortunately it was our house and not just mine.

I met David months prior to moving into Haddonfield. Why did I move with him? Because it was either this or living on the streets.

"We could just have a romantic time in the bed huh?" David nudged at me.

"Nah I'm good." I moved away from him.

It's only been a bit over a week into our relationship and all hes wanted was to get in my pants. If only the poor guy knew I had no interest in him. I almost feel bad using him for a home but I have no other options.

My father passed on years ago and my mother couldn't handle it, leading her to take her life. It made me familiar with death and I never feared the end like most have.

"Fine," he sounded irritated. "How about we tell spooky stories?"

"Spooky stories?" I laughed it off thinking it was a childish idea.

"Why not? I heard a few good ones from the neighbors." David insisted.

"Ok go for it."

We went in the house that was full of packed boxes and sat beside eachother on the couch.

"Once long ago," he turned the lights off and left our small TV on static, "there was a younge boy named Michael Myers. Fifteen years ago he lived in a house on this street and on Halloween night he murdered his family. All the kids here never go near the old house or else the Boogie man will catch them and kill them."

"Your so dramatic." I laughed at his story.

"Oh come on Y/N it's a true story."

"Well true story or not, you're not a good story teller." I teased and received a chuckle back from him.

"Well if the story is true, I'll protect you from any murderer." He attempted to be romantic.

He leaned in for a kiss but I stopped him, "sorry but I dont need protection. He's just a man right? The guy from the story? What stops me from just shooting him?"

"They say he can survive anything, getting stabbed, shot, whatever."

"How come?"

"His doctor said it was because of his victims fear, he feeds off of it."

"Pft sure ok." I noticed he started to lean closer and I got up from the couch to avoid him. "Hey I'm really sleepy, I'm just going to go up and take a nap."

He seemed pissed but I know he really just wanted to fuck. I left and went up the stairs to the bedroom and shut the door behind me. It squeaked like a horror movie.

As I turned I noticed the curtains were open. Once I went over to shut them, my eyes trailed off to the backyard.

I could see a man standing there. The sun was going down and David just told me that story. I know he's trying to scare me.

"Haha very funny but you're not going to get me." I yelled out the window.

The door squeaked open and I turned sharply to see David was there.

"Get you?" He repeated what I had said.

"Wait. I-" I turned to look back into the yard to see no one there.

"What is it?" David seemed concerned.

"Its nothing, I'm just going to sleep." I looked out the window once more.

It is getting dark, maybe that dumb story was getting under my skin and I just thought I saw a man. No ones actually out there. Right?

"Well goodnight, I'm going to stay up a bit longer and unpack." David left the room. I shut the curtains out of paranoia and locked the window.

Laying down in the cool covers felt nice but I couldn't stop thinking about that damn story. Not that the story scared me, there was just something about it that felt to real.

I let my eyes shut and my body drift off into dream land.

My mind floated as I rested up and found myself awake from a creak. I wasn't particularly a light sleeper but after seeing what I thought was a man changed things.

I sat up in my bed and rubbed my eyes. The dark made it hard to see but the bright moon shined into my room enough to help.

But I thought I shut the curtains...

My eyes widened when the realization hit me. I was going to push the thoughts away and just assume David opened them again but that theory was soon pushed aside when I noticed the masked man in the corner of my room.

His mask was a pale white and he wore a mechanics suit that looked like it was covered in blood. In his right hand i could see the shine of a knife being tightly held.

Panic filled my chest as the man stepped closer to me. I wanted to scream but I stopped myself when I remembered David's story.

'He feeds off of his victims fear'

I built up all the bravery i could and stayed silent in front of the boogie man. I showed no sign of fear as I stared into the eye holes of the mask.

The closer he got to me the more my heart raced but I wouldn't let him take over. I will continue to fight the urge to scream and run.

I could see his hand reaching out from the darkness and felt his fingers slowly glide down the side of my face. I was fighting tears that were building up in my eyes.

His skin felt rough as he glided across my soft skin. Something wet smeared down my face, I can only imagine it being blood.

With a flash the shape left the room and disappeared into the darkness, leaving me back to my own dreams.

My body felt limp and my eyelids heavy as I drifted off to sleep.