1. I'm Kaito, Pleased to meet ya!

In the beautiful and peaceful kingdom of Sylvestia, we have quite a peculiar scene, a teenage boy running freestyle through the streets and markets, knocking over everything in his way. Truly an abrupt starting but it's hard to keep up with hi- oww- what- aaaaaa-

"Oh god it's so annoying to have a narrator, its easier to just narrate the story myself", I said as I vaulted over the wall into another street and then another.

Oh right.

I haven't introduced myself yet.

Well, first of all, I am Kaito, I am from Mazashi, a village in the boonies and i have quite the running experience from when me and a bunch of my friends used to chase after the chickens.

Trust me. It's not a lot of fun.

But unlike chasing chickens, I take fun in running freestyle through the city.

But a little bit of a problem is, that I sometimes get too carried away and crash into somthi-

"Owww!"

I crashed into somethin- no it's a someone, a pretty someone at that. She seemed about my age. Oh right I just turned seventeen. Her hair was a natural black, unlike my silver and she was wearing a bit of makeup and a fancy-ish dress, unlike my ragged black clothes.

All the nearby items on the carts fell down from the nearby stalls. It was a mess but I ain't planning on staying to clean it up.

I think I also might've scraped my elbow, but, well I had no time to spare so i got u-

"Hey what? leave my hand"

She grabbed my hand as i was about to leave.

"Watch your damn step!", She growled.

"I heartily apologize", I said as I tugged harder, "Now please I have somewhere to be"

I started running through the streets again, but this time it felt a bit hard.

"I won't let you go until you properly apologize!"

I didn't realize, but when I started to run again, her hand was still clinging to me. Welp, too late now.

"Why are you in such a hurry?", She spoke

"Ah, well, I had never seen the capital before, so I just happened to get separated from my group and got lost-"

"You... have never seen the capital before? You mean you are a commoner?"

Why do you interrupt me lady?

"I'm from Mazashi and I-"

"That's! You are from all the way back in the boonies?"

Oh god this is frustrating.

"Uh yeah?"

"Then why are you here?!"

I was just about to tell that ma'am, until you interrupted me.

"Uh, i was sort of brought here by an old man wearing black robes-"

She gasped in realization, yet again interrupting me.

"Do you mean to say that you are a spirit host?"

I couldn't see her face, but her tone grew a bit humbler.

"Uh yeah and now I'm a bit late so i'm gonna have to pick up some speed!"

I had to pick up speed, her interruptions were getting on my nerves. She wasn't even letting go. Her grip on my hand was so strong, even shanking it off a multiple of times didn't do a thing, so she was just coming along with me.

What she said, sounded a bit right, uh, I think I read about it somewhere.

It roughly said-

"The spirit beasts can be a dangerous asset depending on how they may be used. Spirit beasts are sealed into select individuals called spirit hosts which are then funneled into the Spirit Corps. This way, spirit beast can benefit the kingdom and also be directly monitored by the king. There are currently 6 divisions of the spirit corps, under separate commanders and the minimum age to become a spirit beast or get drafted into the spirit corps is 17"

The rest i don't remember. I don't even care. It had always been my dream to be drafted into the Spirit Corps.

It was a 'dream-come-true' when I was scouted about a week back. From then till now we were travelling to the capital to get our own spirit beasts.

Well, i got a bit too carried away and got separated from the group, which consisted of other children, also chosen as spirit hosts, and a really old man in black robes.

Sure, the travel was rough, but my energy wasn't down one bit, instead I got more energetic every time I walked around and before I knew it, I got lost in the heart of the city.

Then, what to do? Well I just ran around hoping to find the castle, yeah I can be really dumb sometimes, ignoring the hundreds of people around me and running off like that. Well, I'm still running while ignoring the people. Should I ask her? Nah I'll look like an idiot.

Anyway then I crash into this girl, who likes to interrupt me every step of the way.

I don't get the gist of this spirit thingy, but as long as i get to shoot magic fireballs and swing a spirit energy dagger, I'm all in. I've even trained using wooden handmade daggers-

"So... where are you... running to?"

She was getting tired and panting every step. Maybe I should slow down.

"To the royal castle for the Spirit ceremony, the old man said it was our next destination"

"You dummy", she did a facepalms with her other hand, "We've been running in the opposite direction all this time"

I stopped to a halt. My face grew redder. Oh god this is embarrassing. She let go of my hand and then led the way, I followed along.

We kept walking for a while, but instead of interrupting me, she kept asking me wierd questions about my village, Mazashi, or about my clothes, or about the lifestyle in the villages. Her voice was screaming curiosity all over. We reached there in 15 minutes with her shortcuts.

In front of us was the huge royal castle with the old man in the black robes, the other spirit hosts and the butler of the royal family standing near the front entrance.

It's about time.