-1-

December 25 2019,
Christmas.

This holy day, known for celebrating with friends and family. Kids running around the streets holding candy and toys, singing carols and giggling. On the other side of the road, parents prepare for the feast, putting turkeys in the oven and cutting up salads. Everything felt so happy and festive.

If only they knew.

Finn Warrington. That's his name.
The name of the man who had just started his plan. What was that? Killing the president.

You see, Finn was never into politics. He usually just ignored everything to do with them, until Roger Lois got elected at the beginning of the year. He and Finn had a lot of memories together, some good, many bad.

The church's bell stroke midnight.
ding, ding, ding. The loud sound was heard twelve times. The sky was pure black, allowing the billions of stars to light up the darkness, next to the moon. It was a full moon that night, coincidentally. Everything felt like a fairytale.

The front door of Finn's house opened and he stepped in the fresh snow, ankle-deep. The satisfying sound of the snow crunching under his boot was covered by the chatter of the neighbours. Mr Bross always had a distinctive voice, just like his weird moustache and quirky top hat.

It was known that the beloved president of the United States would spend the holidays in the White House, accompanied by his wife, Jessica Lois and son, Henry.

Finn knew that breaking into a national building like the White House was not an easy task. To his luck, however, he used to work as an assassin for an anonymous man. He had managed to break into the biggest mansions and the most expensive restaurants in the whole of America never getting caught once. He could easily be called the best at his job, despite his age. In addition, he got his hands on the architectural plan of the building. The provider, remains anonymous.

The man, fully dressed in black, tied a red scarf around his neck and covered his messy curly hair (which was dyed black), with a matching red beanie. You know, to hide suspicion. A man walking around at midnight wearing all black seems odd, no matter which day of the year it is.

Walking towards the future crime scene, he mapped out his brilliant plan:

Phase One
Cause a distraction. This will take the guards' attention and make it easier to bypass them.

Phase Two
Sneak towards the underground bunker located at the back of the building and crack the password. There's a ladder connecting to the cellar, giving easy access indoors.

Phase Three

Kill Roger Lois.

Sounds pretty simple, doesn't it?

The White House could finally be visible from Finn's point of view. God, it's such a beautiful building. Three stories, all lit up with colourful Christmas lights and fancy garlands, sprinkled with snow. Massive headlights projecting their blinding off-white light on the front of the building, to catch the passengers' eye, accompanied by colourful garden statues. A life-sized Santa Claus sitting in his sleigh, accompanied by seven reindeers. Rudolph on the very front, nose bright red. Right next to that, snowmen, snow angels and miniature igloos clearly made by children made their contribution to decorating the place.

The man in black took off his coloured accessories and let the action begin. He had paid a guy to show up at the front entrance and pretend he'd hurt the president's family at 1:25 am exactly. Finn checked his watch.

1:23 am. The show was about to start.

He counted second by second. One, two, three, four... One hundred and twenty. These may have been the longest two minutes of his entire 34 years on this planet.