Ch 1

For many, this day is like many others. The sun is shining, birds sing away as the wind blows through the warm sky. In one household, it's not a not so bright day.

Earlier that day, a family gathering was called to decide who would take custody of a loved one's belongings, Aunt Audra's. It was a very long discussion, and many were just wanting to sell the stuff and be done with it. However, Y/n stepped up and decided to take custody.

 Y/n had a very good relationship with their aunt, having nothing but good memories about her. To hear that everyone was willing to get rid of everything that held importance to a loving family member broke their heart.

Some were relieved to see someone step up, some were bothered by it. It didn't matter what they thought, all that mattered was that the stuff was safe. And the fact that everyone was willing to sell it without knowing what it contained showed how much they truly cared for Audra's belongings.

 Now, after many hours of driving, they stood in front of a storage unit. The place where Aunt Audra's belongings were stored.

It was old, signs of years of use shown on its surface. Who knows how long this stuff has been sitting there, being claimed by wandering bugs and mildew from rainy days, but hopefully it was still in decent condition.

 Unlocking the garage-like door, they pushed it open, the potent smell immediately hitting their face. The mix of dust and mold brought them discomfort, but comfort at the same time, strangely. Perhaps it's because they expected the smell, or by the fact it was a smell they were used to when they used to visit their aunt.

Inside, the unit was packed tightly with boxes upon boxes. No furniture, thankfully. They weren't quite prepared to deal with potentially infested couches, but boxes were manageable.

 Seeing that the boxes were not exactly labeled, they decided to start small and take some a batch at a time so they could sort through them later. Taking some boxes near the entry, they put the boxes in the back of their vehicle, packing as much as they could before locking the unit and returning home.

Once they've returned to their abode, they brought the boxes into the living room so they could sort out what they wanted to keep in their home and what to return to the unit.

-They contained the basics: quilts, books, solved word puzzles, and even some old candles that were still wrapped in their packaging. Aunt Audra was never a fan of candles, but her partner was. She loved candles.

It's a shame the two broke up though. They seemed really happy together. I wonder what happened...

Putting the sorted boxes to the side, they grabbed the last one and dragged it in front of them. On top of the cardboard had "IMPORTANT" written in marker.

"Huh, wonder what it has."

 Opening the box, they saw an abundant of items. Leather journals, cloth, small pouches, and jewelry boxes packed neatly within its containment, the box having an odd smoky smell, like burning wood.

"Didn't expect her to be into cosplay," they chuckled, taking out what seemed to be a lavender cloak, one that would end at the elbows.

Putting it on, they were surprised that it fits. Well, as well as it could. It was obviously made for a different body type, but it'd be difficult for a cloak not to fit a few people other than its original wearer.

They put it aside with a chuckle before looking through the box again. They found the rest of the outfit that went with the cloak, but with just a glance, they knew it wouldn't fit. Definitely Audra's stuff.