Jay's death

"JAY!"

Her scream rang in his ears as he felt the pain spread. They had been fighting for a long time before Lloyd had realized what needed to be done, the tornado of creation. It had worked but... a single oni had managed to remain. As they started to celebrate knowing they had won the oni came up behind Jay and stabbed him right in the back before disappearing into a black dust blowing away with the wind. Nya ran over to him screaming his name and catching him as he fell to the ground.

"At least we won..." he said to her. "...even though I may not be around for the celebration..."

"No! That's not true! You'll be ok..." she said back to him.

"I'm sorry... but I won't be..."

"Don't say that!" Tears started to stream down her cheeks.

"I can feel it spreading..." He pulled her hand onto his chest and opened it. "You were right Nya..."

She looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" she said through tears.

"The greatest love stories do really end in tragedy..." He reached into his pocket.

"No! "

He pulled his hand out of his pocket and placed his hand in hers. He looked up into her eyes. "I love you Nya..." he opened his hand and a ring fell out onto Nya's.

Nya gasped as she saw the ring. She looked into his eyes. "I-I love you too..."

He smiled before taking his final breath and going limp.

Nya sat there in shock. "NO! Don't leave me! I love you Jay..." she hugged his limp body tightly. "Don't leave me..." she said quietly through her sobs.