The beginning

Mina
Episode 1

      My name is Mina Charles. I am a  girl of 15 yrs old. i live with my parent in an rented apartment. i am a girl with a lot of dreams. I am a very good at singing and love composing songs and am a lover of music. i had been invited to shows but my father won't allow me, because he doesn't support my music  career and this made my dream dying.
     My father is a banker and also a drunkard, he loves drinking alot, keeping late nights and into prostitution also.  He never cared about us and his little family.. he just spend his money on uncertain things.

     ***My  mum has been of help in my career, she has work so hard in getting me a little guitar which I learnt  from my late grand pa, and a jotter to put down all my yrics.

     **I dont really know why my dad deteat musicing as my career, he has warned me several times not to ever dear trying to go out for a show. He was so mean that he banned me from playing my favorite songs in the house.

       But at least my mom got me a little instrumental music flow" A GUITAR" to be precise and told me to keep it away from my dad, that if I really don't want to see his anger.  i was excited cause of this.  so i write, learn and practice my songs when my father is not around.. after learning i put my little tools back to their hidden place. That was how i do, and am happy cause my mum is so much impressed to the songs. it was going on smoothly until a day which was really unfortunate for me.
      It was already late and I was even  getting ready to go to bed, my dad  came into my room that night in search of a pen,"can I get a pen from you Mira "he asked not allowing me to utter a word. Then he saw a black bag behind the door,  he was thinking it was my school bag because it has the same color with my school bag. I was already dying where I am because he was going to my ***Ay!!!  he opened the bag and brought out the newly bought guitar.

     **** Boom!!!!  he saw a guitar and a jotter full of lyrics song... "what the hell is this Mira? "
       " haven't I warned you enough to stop this music of a thing? .. and Morover who got you a guitar? My dad asked angrily still staring at the guitar.  I was speechless, i was gripped with fear.. yes!!  it was my mother who bought it for me,  but my mom was trying to help my career as a singer,and morover it my fault for not keeping it in a safe place.  I was sad as I begin to think on what to tell my dad.

  **i can't put the pregnant woman in trouble and i didnt want her to blame herself for the little help she did could offer me,  so.. i decided not to open up to my father.

      *** i  stand beside the edge of my bed not knowing what to say.. immediately I felt something hard stuck me.
      ** it was a slap landed on my face by my father
      "I asked a question Mira!... I said. where where did you got this from?. He said stretching the poor guitar to me. 

      ***I couldnt utter a statement, so I started weeping and this got my dad really mad at me,... he gave me  another thounderous slap which got in right between my nose and mouth.... I tasted  some blood in my mouth,  due to my soft teared inner skin and the powerful slap.

       "Were you taught in school to disrespect your father..? huh, tell me? "he spanked me so hard on the face again. Me standing silent got him aggressive and he attacked me by giving me the best beating of my life.I was screaming in pain calling out for my mum's help.

      ***My mum was aware of what was really happening, so she rushed in to save me from my fathers clutches.   " I bought it for her ". my mum said boldly not worried about what  my dad's reactions might be . "you bought her the guitar...? my dad asked not sure of what he was hearing.
      "And what's bad in doing that"my mum questioned my dad and also continue "and she needs it, for the development of her being a singer.  for her to make us proud and influential". my  mum said, thinking her words will convince my dad but instead my dad yelled at her"i said i dont want her to be a singer.. i detest that career. why you so stupid "he called my mum names.

****My dad took the guitar and smashed it  on the floor piecely.. i was sad as i watched him do that.

          I dont really know where my mom got that courage from,.... she was like
      **"You are not qualified to be a father... you beast, you are nothing but beast..  damn you smoker"my mum poured out angrily as she saw the guitar spoilt completely

       **I know my mum got herself into what I was actually preventing her from . i can sense it from my dad's eyeball... all i could see is MAD! TEAR! BEAT!! **
       My dad move closer to where my mum is and was like
       "Do you just called me a beast? "he gave my mom a hit on the face and gave her a serious beating not considering her pregnancy status, after beating her,punching her face, nose and stomach.  huh! only a pig could do this. i said to myself

      ***He spatted on her then pushed her to me . He took the guitar and smashed it hard to the ground, Then ensure it was totally damaged  then he left.
      i wept and saw my mum bleed in the nose. She  wept bitterly that night in pains and in regret"mum... am sorry for causing you this pain... it my fault for not keeping it in a safe place and... "I apologize to her and cleaned my mum's tears crawling over to her neck

       **"it not your fault dear Mira"she wept and continued her words again "Neither was it my fault, I wasn't surprised the way he hitted me, cause that was how I have been living with him.. Even before you were born. so who am I to get surprised "she uttered in tears
    "mum, I promise you won't cry in vain... mum I will make you proud"Mira replied with a hug supported with tears.she rubbed my hair and smiled "I trust you my dear"she hugged me again.
      I helped my mom to her room,because of her condition and i cleared my pieced guitar to the dust bin.