~To The Moon And Back~

“You said that you won’t hurt me…. Was all those words and promises just lies?”
“Sister…. You know me well I’m not that kind of person…… right?”

~To The Moon and Back~

Akana’s Pov:
“Akana, wake up!”  the voice of a girl waking me up aggressively. Her voice is small but when she’s starting to yell like that, I can feel my ears bleeding. As usual every morning, my housemate would wake me up for breakfast. Trying to sit down on the bed, she handed me breakfast. “Here’s your plate! Today I made dam dam dam, pancakes!” . Her reaction and energetic vibe always makes me happy and lightens up my moods. “I’m going to work now, make sure you wash your dishes or else I will bonk you later, teehee~” said her jokingly with our inner jokes. The jokes that have been there since we first met still can make us both laugh. I eat breakfast while facing the window. The scenery was mesmerizing and the birds were chirping, somehow making the food taste a lot better. After eating the pancakes, I proceed to clean myself and do my morning routines.

Aya’s Pov:
I start the car’s engine to go to work. Working at a restaurant from day to night, endless shifts, the restaurant is always packed with customers. Even though I have a degree, I still can’t find a stable and comfortable job but in order to survive, you can’t be picky with choices you have right now. In several days, it will be Akana’s birthday and I’m preparing to throw her a birthday party because according to her, she has never had one before. It’s sad knowing someone really never celebrates their birthday.

Akana’s Pov:
As Aya went to work, I’ll be home doing chores and dinner. It’s not like I don't have a job. Let’s say I have a unique one. While cleaning the room, I found my old diary that contained about my past and my secrets. It got dust all over it. I flip the old pages one by one… The pages tell a story of how I was betrayed by my “friends” . Would they still be called as friends after having me almost die?  As I continually flipped the pages, I found a page that tells how I met Aya. It was a coincidence. The meet was random out of nowhere, but somehow we became close and even live under the same roofs. A fate indeed?  Even though we’re close, my heart still can’t fully accept her as a friend after what happened in the past.

3rd Person’s Pov:
Aya went home after her shift was done. The house looks dark since it’s 11pm. Suddenly, there's the sound of a creak from the door, Akana walks out of her room. “You’re going to work?” asked Aya. “Mhmm, today there’s another emergency that I need to handle.” said Akana as she walks out of the house, rushing. “Take…." Akana slammed the door rushing to her workplace. "Care... Well...I guess she really is busy then…” said Aya who hasn't finished her words yet

Akana’s Pov:
Tonight, there’s an emergency in HQ. I still do not yet know what it is, but I’ll find out later. Yes, I'm a mafia assistant. Ofcourse, Aya doesn’t know about this since we need to keep our identity a secret. As I arrived at HQ, I saw everyone rushing for something, the emergency light was beeping and the siren sounded really loud and echoing in the big room. I can feel something really terrible happened and of course my intuition was right, turns out our data had been leaked to another mafia gang. What is the cause still remains unknown.

~Several days later~

Aya’s Pov:
Tomorrow is Akana’s Birthday. I’m getting ready to buy ingredients to bake her birthday cake. As I was about to step out of the house, I saw Akana at the gates looking so tired. “H-hey, are you okay?! Where have you been?!?” I asked, worried about her condition. “I’m okay.. Just overworked..” said Akana while walking inside looking half dying. I was about to lend a hand and help her but she already went inside. Just what really happened?

Akana’s Pov:
Slowly laying down my body on the red old couch and resting my head on the soft fluffy pillow that Aya just bought the other day. It has been…. A crazy event… Witnessing people have been killed by the hand of my boss. Not one, not two, but around 20 people got killed by him. All of those are the traitors who leaked our information. They deserved it. Those who aren’t loyal should be slain. Why would you betray someone who has been taking care of you? Our boss helped so many people who can't survive alone and trained them to work with him, yet those ungrateful brats betrayed him. The sun is already up but all I want is to cover myself with a blanket and sleep.