Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Hi everyone! This is my third work on here, and since I've already finished writing it, updates will be daily. I'm so excited for this one! Hope you enjoy it!

Note: this story is accompanied by music. There is a playlist on Spotify for the same called 'kokobako's bullseye. In case you don't have Spotify, I've written down the song names as they play. I'm not sure about your reading speed, but I still hope it's fun!

Also, this fic was inspired by look_dorama 's edit on Instagram!

(Now playing: Lush Life by Zara Larsson)

"I love you."

"Get lost!"

With a start, the youth woke up from his nightmare, drenched in sweat.

Wei Wuxian was in a terrible mood. He was hungover and hungry. The previous night's victory party had drained him of any energy possible.

"Cheng Cheng! Get me food! Food! And water!"

His voice echoed around the house, with no response. As he opened his eyes unwillingly, looking at his very trashed living room, he regretted the previous 24 hours. Just then, he saw his two bastard friends, Mo Xuanyu and Nie Huaisang, sprawled out on his floor. Nie Huaisang was hugging a beer bottle, while Mo Xuanyu snored, lying sideways on the recliner.

Wei Wuxian snorted. These two devils planned the party, then got too drunk to function. He went over and kicked Nie Huaisang in the stomach lightly, while flicking Mo Xuanyu's forehead with mild intensity. Nie Huaisang shot up, shouting his brother's name. Mo Xuanyu stopped snoring, and just turned around.

"Rascals. Wasn't it a surprise party for me? If you make me clean this up, we're done. Don't come find me again."

After waking up his two friends, he went to the kitchen and made some instant noodles. He also found a pot of congee which Jiang Cheng had left for them, with a note about how he had to go to school, and how disappointed he was in Wei Wuxian, which made the latter chuckle. This little brother, Ah! He pretended not to care, but he was actually a big softie.

As they say down to eat, Nie Huaisang asked Wei Wuxian, "Ge, when are you coming to school? It's your first year of Uni, and it's been half a month. Your sports leave should end the day after. Besides, it's boring with just Xuanyu and me. Wanyin barely even talks to us, running off after class and during lunch to meet his boyfriend. He's the worst traitor, abandoning his middle school best friends the moment he goes to University."

Mo Xuanyu consoled him. "To be fair, if I had a boyfriend like Xichen Ge, I would want to be with him all the time too. Speaking of which, his younger brother is in our class. Have you met him?"

Wei Wuxian shook his head. "I've only ever heard of Lan Wangji. I may end up meeting him tomorrow, Xichen Ge invited Cheng Cheng and me to Wangji's Piano Competition tomorrow. I don't want to go, but for my poor brother's sake I may. Why? How's the boy?"

"VERY. QUIET. All he does is study in class. I don't think he has any friends. He sits reading books all the time. If he wasn't so handsome, he'd be practically hidden in class."

Huaisang groaned,"Don't remind me. For the first week, I had the bad luck of sitting next to him in class. All the girls keep telling me to pass him letters, messages and whatnot. My desk was permanently covered with gifts for Wangji. He doesn't even accept them! He ignores everyone and lives in his own head."

Wei Wuxian shuddered. "Sounds like a tough nut to crack. How's he like that when Xichen Ge is so sunny and sweet? Cheng Cheng had a crush on him since we were kids, you know. He was in the same art class. If Xichen wouldn't have asked Jiang Cheng out, I think that dumb brother of mine would be single his entire life!"